Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT's 05 IPT 4eat/ 05 w/ 08 sport conversion JDM STI Forester swapped
447 Posts
Lmao!! That darn rear cupholder!! Both of mine are intact and the kids (mainly my daughter) have Strict rules, on that staying closed unless being used!
I know I have 1 and possibly 2, that I have pulled, for backups! Lol..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I look for the extended armrest every time but only ever see the 06-08 ones.. I can’t recall if my rear cup colder is intact or not 😂

·
Registered
05 FXT's 05 IPT 4eat/ 05 w/ 08 sport conversion JDM STI Forester swapped
447 Posts
I look for the extended armrest every time but only ever see the 06-08 ones.. I can’t recall if my rear cup colder is intact or not
I'm Not a fan, of the Forester extended arm rest! Too blocky....
So I use the SF and 94-01 Impreza, extended armrests. Perfect, IMO..

If you really want a blocky one, I might have one.. lol.. Maybe even a SF one..

I really need to clean parts out of the garage! I just keep, keeping stuff..

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hahaha, I wouldn’t say no 😉. I know the feeling of stockpiling too many parts. I had to majorly downsize my “GC8” parts collection

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
I look for the extended armrest every time but only ever see the 06-08 ones.. I can’t recall if my rear cup colder is intact or not 😂
I have an extra. The lid latch clip is broken, as always, but my friend is 3D printing me some replacements.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Limited, 2007 Impreza Outback Sport SE 5MT
152 Posts
They sell the lid latch separately, I had to replace mine when I first got my car, I don’t even think it was $5 from the dealer

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I have an extra. The lid latch clip is broken, as always, but my friend is 3D printing me some replacements.
Might have to take you up on that! By the way, I stopped by Littleton yesterday and I swear there were at least 8 SGs but nothing I really needed at the time.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
I was there as well. I picked up another 03-04 5 speed center console and some fuse box lids to send to my hydrodipper. I wanted the consoles from 07-08, but whoever was trying to get the stereo out of all of them completely destroyed the center console in the process, which is silly because all that is holding it in is 2 screws.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I noticed people like to mangle the poop out of the center consoles.. what’s up with that!? I’ve been considering painting it black, I assume hydro dipping is a better route?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,445 Posts
@shewolves the manual climate controls have cables that need to be detached on either side, under the dash. Some new owners don't know about the cables & try to "gorilla" the panel out when doing a HU - head unit upgrade!

As to that factory/OEM silver coating, it's VERY fragile! You have to careful, if you have long finger nails, or you'll scratch it up!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
I noticed people like to mangle the poop out of the center consoles.. what’s up with that!? I’ve been considering painting it black, I assume hydro dipping is a better route?
I went with hydro dipping because I was generally fascinated with the technique, and wanted a finish that could pass for OEM. I had looked into other finishes and techniques, including plastidip, general rattle can, and vinyl wrap. I almost bought a kit to do the hydro graphics myself, but after researching a bit I decided to source a professional to do it for me. He pointed me to a bunch of different sources for films, which in turn helped me to find the film to get the exact finish I wanted. In the end I was extremely happy I went with a professional to do it. The finished product is stunning, and I've developed a first hand relationship with him to continue to bring him more business.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Sounds rad! I may have to check that out..

Ordered strut mounts cause why not. While I’d normally go for Group N (the RS has them), I opted for regular OE. I saved $120 thanks to Black Friday 🤘🏼

Fingers crossed the springs arrive from Aus quickly!

Hope everyone has had a relaxing holiday weekend.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Still waiting on the King springs from down under... But! I came across an extended armrest while browsing the yards a couple weeks back, as well as Forester specific all-weather mats (I've been using Impreza ones and they keep sliding up). I also found someone selling the XT hood + scoop for $100 so I picked that up, as well as the silver aluminum roof rails and color-matched caps. I'm sure that'll be a hoot to install o_O

I do have a question that I couldn't seem to find an answer for. How on earth do you remove the knobs on the automatic climate control. Do you just carefully pull them off? I ask because I'm debating buying the black STi buttons and want to see what sort of job this is before I commit/possibly break things.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Found a thread explaining how to remove the HVAC buttons. Doesn’t seem too bad. We’ll see how well the painting of the panels turns out. I put the Subtle Solutions black vinyl on the buttons first before I buy the OE black ones.

Washed both cars for the first time in months. Both were super gross on the outside, but the Forester had the double whammy with dog fur infested seats/dirty carpet.

No word from Primitive on the lift springs. They had told me on the 8th that they should arrive by December 17th or so, but I’m going to guess COVID/holidays has delayed things. My boyfriend said he purchased a new grille for me from Foresterparts on IG. Not sure when that’s making it to my door as I believe they have to make it.

Items on the agenda:
Paint radio/HVAC/shift surround in satin black.
Paint XT hood/hood scoop/grille/spoiler Aspen White and install.
Install XT aluminum roof rails.
Install KYB struts, OEM strut mounts and King lift springs.
Install new OEM front end links.
Get the Grabber ATXs mounted and alignment.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
Don't forget to add drive the heck out of it and enjoy all the mods!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Installed the XT rails over the weekend. It wasn't terribly bad, aside from the moonroof frame being in the way of one bolt. I do need to paint one of the front caps because it's silver.. but that's a future me problem when it's not snowing out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Springs are delayed again... until mid January 😭😭

·
Registered
2004 Forester
106 Posts
I can ship out my stock springs to weld to your stock springs to make a lift spring! I’m kidding. Car is looking good! Still super jelly of the color. I’ve never once found a car in the color I want lol.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts