Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Tires came in earlier than expected. After waiting an hour when they originally stated 15mins... I would not recommend picking up from the distribution center lol.

That said, these tires look huge. I’m actually slightly worried my 165k suspension may be too tired and saggy. Guess we’ll find out whenever I can get them mounted 😂

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
Nice! Probably will be ok for a bit, I added mine at 189-ish. But also I dont do much heavy offroading, rail trails and fire roads on occasion and easy going over bumps til the new stuff went in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That is a bit comforting, thanks! I’ll likely end up getting suspension this month. Kinda hoping Primitive Racing has a Black Friday sale for springs but I’ll buy them regardless. Just debating on the lift or standard height.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
KYBs and raised King springs ordered.
My boyfriend is gonna kill me. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Whelp, Primitive emailed me about my order and the rear springs are currently on the way from Aus and won’t be in til mid December 😭.
Do I ask to swap for the standard height or just sit and wait..

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
Patience, young paddawan, patience, he will shut his piehole and kiss you when he rides in it! Good choice!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I said I wouldn’t mod the Forester when I bought it.. it’s the “daily”. 😂😂

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
Awesome build. Nice to see another Colorado member. I'm assuming that is the Littleton U-Pull you are finding all the SGs at. That place is a gem, and only a short drive from my house, so I frequent it pretty regularly (which reminds me, I need to go again 😁 ). Their inventory is constantly rotating, and I've come across a few unicorns there from time to time. If you keep up with what rows they are rotating out you can get first pick of the good stuff, except for engines. There is a crew of guys pulling everything as soon as it hits the row first thing in the morning, so most of the time engines and ECUs are gone

Do you belong to any of the local FB Subaru clubs or go to any of the local meets?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks! And yes Littleton is my favorite yard. It’s 30 minutes away from me but I’ll still go there first haha. I did notice there’s always people jacking Subaru motors left and right in every yard. Except the H6 motors 😂

I’m on a few of the CO Subaru FB groups but I don’t really post that much or go to meets. It’s a little bit of the COVID stuff and mainly just lost interest in standing in parking lots haha.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
I said I wouldn’t mod the Forester when I bought it.. it’s the “daily”. 😂😂
LOL! Famous last words, I bought mine to simply put snow tires on and use in the winter while the Mustang slept. 5 years in and lots of $$$ luv and its now my daily.
We used to have good pick-n-pulls in MA til about 20 years ago everything became controlled.
I would love to browse old Roo's to snag parts, I was in the wrenching world heavily before flipping cars became a thing, now those $300 specials are $3000...waiting to get the newest copy of the WantAdvertiser rag took self control!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
LOL! Famous last words, I bought mine to simply put snow tires on and use in the winter while the Mustang slept. 5 years in and lots of $$$ luv and its now my daily.
We used to have good pick-n-pulls in MA til about 20 years ago everything became controlled.
I would love to browse old Roo's to snag parts, I was in the wrenching world heavily before flipping cars became a thing, now those $300 specials are $3000...waiting to get the newest copy of the WantAdvertiser rag took self control!
That’s exactly what happened with my RS. Tons of money later and it still isn’t swapped 😂😂
Why?
Did he say to get Bilstein’s and Hypercoils instead.
Haha, no. He just doesn’t want me “wasting money” on another Subaru. 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
I've just decided that it's not possible for me to own a vehicle without modding it in some way. There always seems to be something that can be improved for the better. Besides, stock is boring. :LOL:
I'm hoping things don't change with the u-pull yards here in Colorado. It's pretty unregulated except for minimum age requirements and some safety standards that are more just common sense. The state is chock full of Subarus, so they are more common and plentiful than most makes at the yards.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
CO has an insane amount of subarus in the yards. And a lot of them have so many good parts. I find myself wanting to take the smooth lower door cladding on the 06+ Foresters. But in reality, when am I ever going to paint those? 😂

Apparently it’s not possible for me to own a stock Subaru either. They basically beg to be messed with, with how easily interchangeable they are.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I still look! There was an XT at another yard but the carpet was in rough shape.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
139 Posts
So jealous! I would kill for an intact low mileage black carpet, LOL!
Haha. The highly coveted unperforated black carpet, right up there with the unbroken intact rear cupholder, and the 06-08 Sports front bumper and grill. I myself have only come across the intact cupholder in the wild. @shewolves Props for actually finding intact black carpet. I myself am still on the hunt after discovering a large hole developing in mine.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
946 Posts
I still look! There was an XT at another yard but the carpet was in rough shape.
Thank you! That unicorn is out there!

Haha. The highly coveted unperforated black carpet, right up there with the unbroken intact rear cupholder, and the 06-08 Sports front bumper and grill. I myself have only come across the intact cupholder in the wild. @shewolves Props for actually finding intact black carpet. I myself am still on the hunt after discovering a large hole developing in mine.
I know seriously! I actually found a NIB rear cupholder on fleabay when the dash drink cooler popped up,I got lucky there!

41 - 60 of 93 Posts