Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
You have to use them with WRX or STi struts. Give about an 1/2" drop over the standard 2.5-3" WRX/STi drop. They don't ride any different than a stock STi setup. Firm, but not harsh. Your car will definately be lowered though.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Are these the ones with 300+ rates in the front? Didn't Legacy run those?

Should be nice as long as you have the dampers to support them, the stock STi struts should work well.

Stan

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The springs are the stock STi wagon springs. Not the pinks. These ones are black, and I believe they have nearly the same spring rate as the USDM sedan springs, but these are designed to go with the 02/03 style tophats. I have a full set of 03 WRX sedan takeoffs I could mount the springs to. I'm just curious about the ride height.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
Are these the ones with 300+ rates in the front? Didn't Legacy run those?

Should be nice as long as you have the dampers to support them, the stock STi struts should work well.

Stan
I ran STi struts + JDM pinks + Group N top hats on both my 05 & 07. Handled well but flippin bouncy going down the highway. I got tired of my head bouncing off the headrest. I <3 my coilovers 100x better.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
I ran STi struts + JDM pinks + Group N top hats on both my 05 & 07. Handled well but flippin bouncy going down the highway. I got tired of my head bouncing off the headrest. I <3 my coilovers 100x better.

I have KYB AGX,STi pink wagon springs & group N front/rear top mounts with no head bouncing at all?

joe r

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Joe, are yours the SPT wagon pinks, or the JDM pinks? About 100 lbs of difference in the spring rate.

Sea, depending on the rates, they may be worth a try. Bugeye struts have less damping than '04+, keep in mind.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21338828&postcount=314

Last ones in the picture are said to be V7 STI wagon, first ones are USDM 07 STI. Going by that info, assuming rates are less on the V7s, your car would be lower than on stock USDM STi springs = hello bumpstops. Just speculation though.

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
I want the SPT ones, they are perfect for our cars IMO. For now though, I'm plenty happy with the USDM STi springs (same rates, bit more sag in rear).

JDM pinks are mad stiff, yo. Damn Japan and their smooth roads.

Stan

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
I love my SPT/STi pink wagon springs a lot.I am having a hard time right now with the decision of swapping in my 05 STi 6speed as I would have to get rid of my AGX.This is like the perfect match for my driving.

I think I am going to try the pinks with the factory STi struts & see how it goes.If I do not like the ride I might swap the knuckles out for 04's.We will see when I get the hair up & start pulling my STi apart.

On the other hand I have been looking at either KW V1 coilovers or evan Ohlin fixxed perch struts,hehe

joe r

1 - 14 of 14 Posts