Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which one to get for my 2003 jdm Forester Cross sport. The JDM one fits the same stock shape just larger but it's more subtle if you aren't a subbie enthusiast, the custom 4 inch one similar to the blob eye style is huge but is more eye catching for non Forester owners.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2007 2.5XT Limited 4EAT
343 Posts
Personally I've never been a fan of the gigantor scoop they put on the USDM STi's 04-07. When I went big turbo on my 02 WRX I scoured the earth for a V7 STi scoop because I couldn't fathom putting that USDM monstrosity on my car. It doesn't look awful on the hawkeye/blobeye WRXs, but it looked absolutely terrible on the bugeye, too pointy. I would wager a guess that the same holds true on the Foz of that era. More eye catching yes, but it kind of looks slapped on in my opinion. In the end it's your car and you should do what you like to it. I just happen to think that the larger rounded STi version of the standard scoop will fit the vehicle much better, Subaru obviously thought so too. But if you would rather have that giant HVAC duct on your hood so people take notice, ain't nothing wrong with that. To each their own, different strokes, and so forth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts