Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Paint it all! Mine was origianlly done with black supports but I had those painted too because it looked out of place.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Dang I like mine black. For me they go with teh black headlights, black lug nuts &, a few other things that are black on my XT.

joe r

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
X2 That's the way the came from the factory.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see the forum is just as torn as I am...good to know!

Anyone have a good pic of black supports on a car? I can compare to preacher's gold JDM scoop. (Only gold fxt with a jdm scoop that i know of)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I think the painted vertical supports could look really good on the less obvious colours like silver and gold.

Mine are black, but mine is also WR Blue with a lot of black accents elsewhere on the car.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,496 Posts
I'm also for painting the vertical supports on the taller STi scoop. The black (unpainted) on the stock height scoop looks okay, but on the taller scoop, they can look out of place. Here's a link to my stock & STi scoop. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also for painting the vertical supports on the taller STi scoop. The black (unpainted) on the stock height scoop looks okay, but on the taller scoop, they can look out of place. Here's a link to my stock & STi scoop. :wink:

Bobby...

Thanks Bobby, I actually have your scoop pics up in a tab right now...I like it but I also like blue more than gold.

·
Premium Member
None FXT i exploded 4eat one good 4eat
803 Posts
on a gold car the verticle supports should be subaru blue.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,496 Posts
on a gold car the verticle supports should be subaru blue.
Perhaps "black" would be a better choice! :icon_eek:

Seriously, if you're not sure what you want, have it all painted & if you decide you prefer black supports, it would be very easy to paint those black yourself (rattlecan), since they're so small. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
820 Posts
I can see the appeal of painting them but I left mine black as when viewed from the front I think it looks a little more aggressive. Painting them draws attention to them.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaps "black" would be a better choice! :icon_eek:

Seriously, if you're not sure what you want, have it all painted & if you decide you prefer black supports, it would be very easy to paint those black yourself (rattlecan), since they're so small. :wink:

Bobby...

Great piece of advise right there....I'm pretty killer with a rattle can.

If anyone finds a black support (on car) pic, please post it up. I'm searching like crazy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts