Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Will be looking for a STI Forester the 1st quarter of next year, I am in the Midlands near Gaydon, where would be good places to go for a look around?
Where's the best place to go for mapping in the area and other such work?

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
You have PM.
For mapping and servicing TDR in Warwick have a very good reputation.

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
527 Posts
Just had mine mapped at TDR, can definitely recommend them. Taking mine back in soon for some other work when funds allow, and will be using them for servicing despite the hour drive to get there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the advice both, will look at popping to them if i dont find one thats already been done, and have to go down the import route.

·
Registered
2004 STi
140 Posts
I had mine done on recommendations I got here when I picked up my fSTi last year, the guy I used was Richard at Fbtuning. https://www.fbtuning.co.uk/

Before dropping it off I fitted an axle back exhaust (HKS) and a new airfilter (Cosworth) and supplied him with a SWRD fuel pump and 3 port solenoid for the map. Cars been flawless since, decent on fuel and quick enough for the moment (felt so much quicker compared to fresh off the boat). He's in Princes Risborough which is what an hour or so from Gaydon? He dropped and picked me up from the station, really pleased with the service and work :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was there a solution to getting a UK satnav system fitted/retro fitted?

Have you guys done any suspension changes? The STI set up seems quite good, but I see quite a few people doing aftermarket arb on the back? And things like that

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,371 Posts
Was there a solution to getting a UK satnav system fitted/retro fitted?

Have you guys done any suspension changes? The STI set up seems quite good, but I see quite a few people doing aftermarket arb on the back? And things like that
You could do what I did and buy the alpine add on to their stereo for £400 which is absolute garbage , no wait its not even that its "£$%bage

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
527 Posts
I went for a Sony XAV-AX200 double-din unit replacement so I could hook it up to my phone for the satnav and hands-free etc, works OK but I think that there are better and cheaper units out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts