Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:biggrin:

Yep, after years of drooling over them, I decided to drop the dime and order a set from japanparts.com. Decent bit of money to pay just to turn the orange blinkers clear but I'm considering it kind of an early birthday present to myself ;). Just looks a lot cleaner I think.

I just looked at my current lights and it looks like I'll just have to loosen and retighten 3 nuts and hook the little wiring harness thingy in and that should be it. Is there anything I need to know about this install? Should I disconnect the battery or anything?

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
They won't work. You should just send them to me...

But really, they will just plug in. I want a set of these in the worst way!

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Definatly worth the money. I was able to snag a set on Ebay for 60$ shipped but found one to be slightly cracked. Took forever to get here too.

Nice buy and Congrats!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
good buy. Ill just clear mine and have the same effect for cheaper till i start doin the body and cosmetic work on mine.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L
62 Posts
I did the same change over... mine came from malaysia shipped $265.00 after a few weeks! ........I had to pry them off there was silicone caulking around original one and a bit of a ***** to remove ...be gentle you don't want to force them too much .........then recaulked them with automotive black silicone .........I did have to cut off the original bulb socket connections and rewire them to the new bulb socket connections (harness) ( for some reason the domestic and import bulbs are different Maybe cause they were from over seas) anyhow It was worth it I like how they look and so do others.

Attachments

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
all you should have to do is put them in oven at 375( i know it sounds weird) and just take the amber part out. Ill do it this weekend and right a how to with pics.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
But... But... But... Looking at the light, it's made up of 3 lenses. One of the lenses is actually amber, one is red, and the other is clear. It doesn't look like you can just clear out the amber portion. But I'm curious. I would really like to see what happens when you try this! Better than dropping $250.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
I will do this and have it posted before I go to bed sunday

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
You have a 98, right? I look forward to this!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
yes a 98 S..or what I like to call it... the 98 super

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
What's the word DK? Can you clear them?

ScoobieDoobie - That thing looks fantastic! What percent tint is that?

Your car says L-AWD on the wrong side of the hatch!!!

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's the word DK? Can you clear them?

ScoobieDoobie - That thing looks fantastic! What percent tint is that?

Your car says L-AWD on the wrong side of the hatch!!!
Thanks! about a month or so ago, my parked car was rearended by a Moped (yes, a moped). A local body shop sourced this rear hatch and bumper for me. I was also surprised to see that the "L-AWD" was on the opposite side, and I think the bumper they found for me is a bit shorter, and does not say "forester" on it like my old one did. (?)

Because of this incident, I had to get the back window re tinted and got it in 20% this time unlike the 35% I had before. Now the tint goes progressively lighter from the back to the front. rear window = 20%, back 4= 35%, front 2=50%. Should've got the front two redone in 35% when i brought it back for the back window, but didn't think of it at the time.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
The new rear tail lights look fantastic! I've always been a fan of your car :) I'm finally getting around to tinting this spring so hopefully everything goes well :) I'll be doing 35% in the front, I can't imagine I would get bothered for this by the police.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
I am going to do 20% all around, I think. I'm just trying to get a good feel for what I want to do.

My old car had 35% all around, and it was nice, but I got used to it, and it was too light after a while. I'm still deciding...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts