Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
01 Forester 5MT
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this wheel on ebay. Wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, but now that it is here I love it! It is in MINT condition! Never thought it would be in such good condition. Just curious if anyone here has installed one in their SF.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
I actually had one of those but never ended up using it.
It's probable that you can just swap you airbag charge over to that wheel and reinstall it but it's also a possibility that you can have the same problem jgrote just did trying to swap his steering wheel where the charges are not the same. You won't know for sure until you pop the airbag off and have a look at what's there.

·
Registered
01 Forester 5MT
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After receiving it and comparing the two, those were my thoughts as well. I did notice that the torx bolts holding the airbag to the wheel are in a different location from the momo to the stock wheel. So I may be out of luck, unless the airbag plug is the same. Then I just have to find a way to mount the cruise switch. I'll dig into it this weekend and post the outcome.

However, I was really looking for one of these when I came across the SF wheel. So I may put this up for sale or trade since I don't feel like getting into huge mods with the forester like I did my RS. (Thanks for the pic Rob!)

·
Registered
1998 Forester stb
62 Posts
After receiving it and comparing the two, those were my thoughts as well. I did notice that the torx bolts holding the airbag to the wheel are in a different location from the momo to the stock wheel. So I may be out of luck, unless the airbag plug is the same. Then I just have to find a way to mount the cruise switch. I'll dig into it this weekend and post the outcome.

However, I was really looking for one of these when I came across the SF wheel. So I may put this up for sale or trade since I don't feel like getting into huge mods with the forester like I did my RS. (Thanks for the pic Rob!)
I had a 98 S/tb bought a similar wheel on Ebay the thing bolted right up no mods or trouble.

·
Registered
01 Forester 5MT
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it will bolt on, but the real question is the cruise control switch. So I removed the back of the wheel and there is no way the cruise control switch could be mounted in this wheel. The torx bolts that mount the airbag charge are in the way. I could re-wire the switch and mount it in the column covers like I did on my RS, but really don't want to do that. So I will probably put this wheel up for sale or trade. It would be perfect for someone that doesn't care if they loose cruise or will locate the cruise switch elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts