Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my car upto around 350bhp or possibly more. I'm open to suggestions (pretty much anything that doesn't involve an engine transplant or a TON of money.) I'd like to carry this out at a REASONABLY low cost. :icon_wink:

I'm brand new to car modifying and have had relatively little experience with car up to this point so I'm pretty much a noob.

I've been talking to other members about VF turbos etc and my other options. I know there are threads on here regarding the uk s turbos and upgrading them but I'm looking to find out more about what my options are for the JDM version as I know it is slightly different.

Basically, I'd love to have a shortlist of the possible turbos that I could use , and the power gains that they would each give me , and the other work that would need to be carried out in order to support the turbo.

My goal is to achieve the most power possible without having to do much engine work etc.

Would love to hear from someone who has had experience with doing this!

Also, will the fact that I have an automatic mean that there will be more of a chance of transmission problems?

Thanks,

Adam.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,871 Posts

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
The JDM car can be considered in the same way as a UK Impreza turbo or JDM WRX of the same age, you have the same cams and the same turbo as the UK car (higher CR) the same engine as the WRX wagon and the same engine as the WRX saloon (except for the turbo).

A VF series single scroll turbo from a 2.0 STi will make the 350 you want with reasonable responce, much bigger and lag becomes an issue.

You'll want to add a decent exhaust and a better intercooler to make that 350 reliably, and a few other odds and ends (like replacement turbo to IC hose) and you should only be a remap and larger injectors (with fuel pump) away from 350bhp.

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts