Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I still get a Super Street mag in the mail (should have been the last one as I did not renew the gift subscription I was given) and noticed that there were some really JDM'd out Hondas towards the back. Having been one of the masses that once had a Civic EX I still like seeing ones that are done right without all the body kit crap on them and go fast decals! I mean seriously, if your car did not come with fender vents then you probably do not need them. ... In any case, I started thinking. I have seen a few tweaked WRX's with alot of JDM stuff on them but the parts lists (manufacturers) are so wide spread that most of the time I have never heard of them. To me, that means that they did alot of sourcing around for some really nice stuff that is not that common over here in the US. On the other hand, the Honda rage seems to simply be Mugen. Not that it is bad stuff mind you but if I am correct it is still a division of Honda or something like that if you will. I guess I am thinking Mopar to Dodge if you will. To me, there is nothing special in this other than the fact that you paid a ton of money to have it say Mugen on it and to get it imported here! Am I missing something with this? What is the deal with gutting the car and having nothing in it but a bunch of tubing braces (bolt on mind you) in the hatch back area? These guys have spent so much money on getting these JDM parts that they could have bought another car or even converted their FWD to RWD and slapped a real turbo charged motor in it. hell, some of these really JDM'd out cars are sporting 15" rims just because they are Spoon or Mugen rims. I just do not get it. I mean, these guys are spending 4-500 for some projector beam headlights that are not even HID.

Sorry for the rant but I figured you guys would be the only ones that would probable understand where I am coming from with all of this.

F

·
0 Posts
I for one think its pretty funny. More power to the JDM venders who get poor ricers hooked on expensive cosmetic goodies. MMMMM THe beauty of capitolism mixed with stupidity.

:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
same thing with us and STi stuff... ;)

fit and finish is top notch, but you have to pay for it... :D

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
DanzBorin said:
same thing with us and STi stuff... ;) fit and finish is top notch, but you have to pay for it... :D
I'm sure if subaru imported piles of $hit, but colored "cherry blossom red", they'd find a happy market for them.

But yes - to do the car right, you'll need to mix and match. Each parts company has its own tuning philosophy, and that rarely matches up with what an individual is looking to (or can afford to) accomplish.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,932 Posts
Some of that JDM stuff is good and all
but for me needs a function
Like the Spoon wheels they only weight 3.88kg thats light for a 15" wheel i was shootin for those when i had an EM1
For me IF it doesnt help the car perform better or make the drive more enjoyable you wont see it on my ride

Like im lookinto some light force 170 to make the night and bad weather driving more enjoyable

anyway no more raunting from me

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Because the "JDM style" is simply clean appearing.

You can park next to a stock US civic and at first glance look the same, but slightly different. It's not until you really take a close look at it that you notice the subtle difference in the bumper, the grille, etc.....

<----- Big fan of clean Honda hatches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts