Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
spot on that! now all you need is the glass and it's road legal LOL !

I am well jealous actually, that is a top mod. Is that a hack conversion of the original UK mirrors or total replacement with JDM parts?

mike

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Total replacement from JDM forester which was breaking on eBay. But the outer plastic cover was damaged and in wrong colour so I have to swap over the internal motor. She is damn pleased with it :biggrin:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aye it is ready to be install but I'm confused about measuring from the corner of the window to the first drill hole ! Otherwise she will kill me if i made the tailgate looking like a swiss cheese ! :chair:

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
can you not paint round the holes on the spoiler with some water based paint, that will leave mark on bodywork where you have to drill..???

I have one coming too.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I've done that but can't get the angle right when i applied the spoiler the tailgate. And I've looked at frazerjames1979 idea but too scare to pull out the spoiler stud bolts and re-glue it back :crazy:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/fitting-spoiler-64114/

So thinking use a leather material as templates to mark out the position of the stud.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Major, when mine arrives, I will get some fitting templates with it in the box (I presume), so will photocopy and send onto you. PM me your address - I won't scan them and email them as that's prone to errors in scaling.

Mine ain't here yet though so it could be a while. Still waiting :(((

THE JDM mirrors you have there look stock. Some of the JDM SF5s sported bigger 'elephant ear' style mirrors, a bit bogger than stock and most seem to be mirrored on the leading edge too. Nasty!

good luck
mike

·
Registered
2014 Audi S4 Black Ed Semi auto
439 Posts
Whats the going price for a pair of folding SF5 Mirrors and switch?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts