Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
JDM Forester Cross Sports F5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Enthusiasts

Thought I would introduce myself to the forum - I'm Ash (go figure) and recently won myself a JDM Cross Sports at auction with ETA Late July!! I blame the Lockdown for the push to purchase haha!

My first Subaru and third original JDM import. Had mostly Toyotas, Supercharged Yaris T-Sport, Corolla Compressor, JZX110, V6 Blade (UK Auris) and now the Cross Sports

I've been scouting the forum for a while picking up some good pointers thanks to Don KOPS & Alan Mac (there are others so please dont feel disapointed if I havent solely named you)

Looking forward to the ownership and owning my very first EJ205! It was this particular engine (Impreza WRX) that got me into cars 20 odd years ago - my first experience as an 11yr old in a heavily boosted car and being thrown back into the seat and couldnt move until my g/f's dad let off the throttle!

A few low quality images from the auction people getting ready for its departure from the port!

95722867_243461036898832_4042261152699252736_n.jpg
95984725_652390235357400_1166207393231536128_n.jpg
96115569_551370275567818_1189506134818422784_n.jpg

Stay lucky!
Ash

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
656 Posts
Looks good, welcome to the forum.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
Welcome, interesting front grille and bumper/body kit - seems to be a feature for the early ones

@Lockheed

don't recall seeing a pre-face lift in black must be quite rare

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
This would appear to be the Cross fire front

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
Very rare then there's only 4 of them , How does the front and rear mouldings work @don1952 are they stuck on and I love the grill on the TG-3808 reg
The mouldings are usually bonded to the existing bumper with ds tape or more permanently.
The TS-3808 is the standard pre facelift Subaru cross sports/ sti grille with a change of mesh (my SG5 XT on the left)

An interesting Latvian website

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,524 Posts
Don, that’s me, you and North Downs!!

Happy days!

ATVB

Alan

Ps if I remember correctly I was off to Oxford after that meet?

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
714 Posts
Yeeeeerrr, but any one know why they didn't add fogs? It just seems a bit like a backwards step to me..

I mean, when you don't include how much of a ballache it is to do any work on the front lights...

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
Yeeeeerrr, but any one know why they didn't add fogs? It just seems a bit like a backwards step to me..

I mean, when you don't include how much of a ballache it is to do any work on the front lights...
It's JDM, STi top of the range,they don't have rear fog lights either and basically only started fitting the front fogs on the 08 JDM hatch as an option pack.
Same as they don't underseal. Same as they don't come with a radio fitted - you choose a system to fit separately to the vehicle purchase. etc. etc.

Reactions: Ianb1234

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
714 Posts
@don1952

ahh right, thanks Don!

I knew the STI's were top vehicles, just seemed odd to me.. didn't realise they didn't have radios!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
656 Posts
I understand the usefulness of front foglights, but really prefer the look of the STI without them.

·
Registered
JDM Forester Cross Sports F5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all for your greetings!

I've much to learn so bare with me when I ask questions :D

First thing to take care of, although it has Full Service History I like to replace all fluids on any new ownership - Could somebody help out with parts (Original and OEM) and which brands to avoid. I dont suppose there is a service schedule/Haynes step-by-step for servicing? Then onto Rust-Proofing!! Any recommendations around the Midlands/The North?

After that, onto some goodies!! I'll look at what exhaust system is already on it and see if it needs upgrading, panel filter (Cosworth has been mentioned I read somewhere), upgrade intercooler (will need some help with this) and then onto a remap. That will take me upto start of next year for sure!

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
This should give you a reasonable idea on whats what, although there maybe some differences particularly with the wiring. The MY04 European SG5 (2.0L) has the AVCS on the inlet valves so nearest to JDM version although cam data etc will be different.
MY04 EU Service manual pdf

1 - 20 of 56 Posts