Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to get a set of these on my car. I have contacted JapanParts.com and two heated mirrors plus the control switch (without shipping)was going to run me over $900USD; that's just crazy and no where near worth it for me.

I did some searching around and found Subaru part number #H2717SA000 from a JDM accessory pamphlet. The price on it was ~14,500 Yen which should equate to ~$155USD/per. That's more like it but i'm wondering if that is for the non-heated version ( I want the heated ones) Can anyone confirm that the part number above is the base part number for the automatic mirrors? On the diagrams @ japanParts.com it does show the first part of the part-numbers and what they sent me was this:

"This is for with Clear View Pack which is with heated door mirror. Price is for one side, so please choose it for RH (#91031) or LH (#91031A) and the color"

And if someone knows of a place that I can get JDM OEM part numbers that would be awesome. I know where to get US and UK ones but not JDM.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Any chance of PMing some of the Asia Forum members and see what they can find and how much to ship? It might be worthwhile trying some of the Singapore goup, at least they're closer. highrider was on-line today.

good luck

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any chance of PMing some of the Asia Forum members and see what they can find and how much to ship? It might be worthwhile trying some of the Singapore goup, at least they're closer. highrider was on-line today.

good luck
That's a good idea, thanks, I didn't think to do that.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
try highrider. he should be able to ship you out some stuff if you help him ship something to him (i keep forgetting to contact him about this =( ). he's not in Japan, but he's in Singapore and they can get JDM stuff easily

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
But we need the EDM stuff. As for the Switch that is the same but we need the Left had switch plate for the switch not the JDM one. I'm wondering if our switch plate is the same as the Impreza I just don't know what year. Also with the mirror I heard that you can swap an Impreza mirror on our car for the lower profile look over the big mirrors that we have.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would I need the EDM version? As for the switch I would just swap out the innards. I'm suspecting that they are the same, but the outer mounting plate and be removed and replaced with the one in my car.

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
You need the plate for the left had drive cars not the JDM one's. Yes the switch is the same from like 04-10. I have been looking into this also I just can't find the door switch cover for the left side drive.

·
Registered
08 rex
18 Posts
i had a branch come down and break my driver side mirror housing and oem replacement it mad expensive and junkyard well is junkyard looks so can u post soe pics of the non-heated jdm ones and whats the deal with the imprez swap side mirror will they swap out?

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need the plate for the left had drive cars not the JDM one's. Yes the switch is the same from like 04-10. I have been looking into this also I just can't find the door switch cover for the left side drive.
Oooooooooooooooh, damn. You're talking about this piece right? For some reason I thought that there was a separate plate surrounding just the mirror controls that could be swapped out. Didn't realize that it was one large piece.

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
Yeah that is the piece that I'm talking about. We just need one of our guy's over in EDM land to send it to us. If you can get a guy I'll take one just have it sent to your home and then I'll get it at WBM if you want to do it before then.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
I've got the non-heated JDM folding mirrors and the switch but I don't know how to hook them up!

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got the non-heated JDM folding mirrors and the switch but I don't know how to hook them up!
Jealous! Post up some pics and we could probably help you. Also post up whatever part numbers you fine. I would especially like to see what the switch looks like and what the part number is for that. I still like to run all part numbers through the dealer so that just-maybe they can order it.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Jealous! Post up some pics and we could probably help you. Also post up whatever part numbers you fine. I would especially like to see what the switch looks like and what the part number is for that. I still like to run all part numbers through the dealer so that just-maybe they can order it.
I'll try to get some pictures up within the next day.. Gotta search around for some batteries for my camera, if I can't find, I'll just snap some with my phone.

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
966 Posts
So for the SGs, did the European models come with folding mirrors? How about the Taiwanese models?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts