Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone clued up on the spec of these? seen a manual one for sale, but i thought they only came in Auto trip tronic with the paddels behind the steering wheel? and anyone know what else makes them stand apart from a normal cross sport? Thanks

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,694 Posts
2007, more like 2011. Where have you seen a 2007 version for sale?? Is this just the standard version with added parts??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys but still non the wiser :p

I have seen several 2007 plate S Edtion on ebay the last 3 months

this is the one i am looking at

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,694 Posts
Thanks for the replys but still non the wiser :p

I have seen several 2007 plate S Edtion on ebay the last 3 months

They would appear to be a "end of run" edition, kitted out with a few STI extras, spoilers, wheels etc.
The SH Forester commenced building in September 2007 and there was a 2 month cross over between the models
As posted before the true S-Edition arrived in 2011

·
Registered
2006 Cross Sports 2.0T Manual
30 Posts
My understanding is that they are a ‘special edition’ of the Cross Sports, with different trim and maybe styling bits.

I don’t believe they have any more power and the guy is talking guff about feeling as quick as the STI. Unless it’s had a re-map in Japan.

I went for the normal Cross Sports, as the S has alcantara, rather than leather.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,326 Posts

Have you seen what else that chap is selling?

If you look at his other items for sale, you'll see it looks suspiciously like he's taken the wheels off and selling them seperately for £1100 and put some cheaper wheels on that Forester to sell it.

Strange no auction grade listed in the ad. People would usually make it very clear if it is 4 or above.

Car looks nice from the pics - Shame no underneath pics to show what I would assume is zero rust.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,694 Posts
Well I take it back, there is an S-Edition option pack but thats about all the extras on it.
This car built in February 2007
VIN number taken from windscreen white pen markings

Option pack DZ(C) includes

HID headlamps
Sporty Back
Clearview Back
Wiper deicers
S-Edition pack

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, the car was 3.5 at the Auction, got marked down for a marked gear knob and sticky center panel, not sure about the wheels, maybe thats why its a bit cheaper than others for sale, would have been looking to have 17" wheels on it anyway really, should think i will change the ones that are it though

·
Registered
2006 Cross Sports 2.0T Manual
30 Posts
I would say it's cheaper than others because it's done 108k miles and it does seem to be miles rather than km. Personally I think it's actually a bit expensive on that mileage.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,870 Posts
Well I take it back, there is an S-Edition option pack but thats about all the extras on it.
This car built in February 2007
VIN number taken from windscreen white pen markings
View attachment 528203

Option pack DZ(C) includes
View attachment 528205

HID headlamps
Sporty Back
Clearview Back
Wiper deicers
S-Edition pack
Well you are only Human...…..Or are you ?;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well decided to go ahead with this, will be paying tomorrow, and then will be waiting for delivery, will be getting belts done, and pre cats removed, stronger fuel pump and remap. Will then start looking for some different 17" rims, and maybe front and rear sway bars, was thinking of upper strut braces, but seem to be mixed opinions of them not being worth it

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,694 Posts
You may find that it doesn't have a pre-cat in the uppipe as no egt sensor is shown.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,870 Posts
Well decided to go ahead with this, will be paying tomorrow, and then will be waiting for delivery, will be getting belts done, and pre cats removed, stronger fuel pump and remap. Will then start looking for some different 17" rims, and maybe front and rear sway bars, was thinking of upper strut braces, but seem to be mixed opinions of them not being worth it
I ve got Harvey smith up pipe for sale should wish a decent second hand purchase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts