Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all -

I suppose I am joining on behalf of my wife since she won't join in on the 'Forester banter' as she put it. We're about 2 weeks away from getting our 2015 Forester XT Touring DGM. I think I'm more excited than she is at this point.
Current garage:
-2012 Jeep GC Laredo X (being replaced by the Forester)
-2013 Infiniti G37x coupe (being replaced by a WRX...oh another 12 months from now)

I had a 2008 WRX DGM Hatch (stage 1+) for about 5 years. I look forward to rejoining the Subaru family and eventually having an ALL SUBARU garage!

Quick facts:
Live in SE Michigan
Systems Admin (career computer nerd)
36 years old / married for almost 6
'JaySin' in Clubwrx and MyG37
Definitely a car enthusiast...along with gaming, travelling, heavy metal & punk music & general misc nerdy things.

Inner thought: I wonder how much stuff I can convince the wife to do to this new Forester. :biggrin:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up our new Forester XT Touring Friday. I like everything about it except for the overabundance of chrome and the seating position for the passenger seems awkward...too high. No other complaints. It's a nice driving vehicle. I'll go ahead and say it's WAY MORE FUN to drive than the Jeep GC...very nimble comparatively. Sorry for the picture quality...bad lighting. It's good to be 'turboing' in a Subie again!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2014-2015 Forester XT (CVT of course) Cobb Stage 1 released:
Peak Gains +11% HP / +17% TQ
Largest Gain +23% HP / +23% TQ at 3000 RPM
Stage1 93

I'm very tempted to get this even though it's my wife's car...hmmmm...what to do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a few questions for the XT modders out there. Are there any of you running stage 2 (or greater) power upgrades...for perhaps a year or more?
I'm wondering how the CVT is handling the extra HP and TQ on a more long-term basis. Cobb stopped development on the WRX stage 2 CVT because they cited wear and damage on long-term testing. I don't think we'll be modding our (wife's) Forester, but I am planning on a WRX purchase soon.
Any thoughts or insights on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Good ole DGM. Had it on my '08 WRX. Wife liked it so much she copied off me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 year anniversary of our Forester XT today! Woohoo! Smooth sailing so far :smile2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
34k miles and a little over 2 years on our Foz. So far so good. No unplanned dealer visits. Except for the ECU recall/reflash.
I just bought some fairly cheap winter wheels for it...throwing on some Blizzaks this winter since the 'no-season' tires are a bit worn at this point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TSB 16-103-16R hit us on Wednesday. Our XT had a transmission leak. The dealer replaced the oil pump chain cover seal. All good now. We're at about 43,000 miles and 3 years of ownership FWIW. I don't think there's an official recall. Check your fluid levels, people.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much to update. We've got over 54k miles on the XT currently. We recently put on a new set of tires...Cooper cs5 ultra touring. We're very happy with them so far. They ride well and are very quiet. They seem to do VERY well in the rain with zero hydroplaning. Handling is on par or better than new OEM tires and the steering feels a tad sharper.
Our paint is desperate need of a good professional detailing however. Hopefully we'll get that done in the summer this year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had the dash light up the other day unexpectedly. Wife stopped at dealer on her way home since I was concerned about possible issues. Turned out to be a faulty brake light switch.
This turned on the ABS, hill descent and traction lights. Problem solved same day with switch replacement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's been a long time since I've commented in here, but with that said, we are officially shopping to replace our Forester XT. We've had it since late 2014 and its been good to us for sure. It has just under 79k miles on it. Only issues so far have been the battery. We're on our 3rd or 4th now. Other than that...zero complaints really. Time for something new.
We are looking at several options and price points.
Mazda CX5 Grand Reserve (turbo)
Infiniti QX50
MB GLA250
BMW X1
Kia Sportage SX Turbo
Volvo XC40
Audi Q3
Jeep Cherokee High Altitude w/ 2.0 turbo
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport

We've driven about half of them so far. Had high hopes for the Mazda. It's very nice. However, ZERO haggling. They just wouldn't budge at all. Walked out. We liked the Jeep w/ turbo a lot more than anticipated and got a decent trade offer. The Infiniti QX50 was very nice and really no complaints. They haggled a lot w/ us and gave us very competitive, aggressive pricing. Last night we drove the Alfa...Ti Sport edition. (Friend' wife has one) My wife fell in love w/ it. Handles like a sports car. Amazing seats. Very quick. Incentives are amazing. They offered us 2k more on the Forester than anyone else. We're leaning that way at this point. My wife doesn't even wanna test drive the rest now. haha. Hey...it's her call. When we make a decision, I'll post back. Any questions about our test experiences...feel free to ask!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts