Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Litchfield 330 STI
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going up to japfest on saturday lads? thinking of taking the Fozz up to see if i get any interest. :icon_frown::icon_frown:

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I mentioned this weeks ago, but nobody seemed interested, so i took my MX5 on to the MX5Nutz stand

there were a grand total of 4 Foresters! but they were scattered (and hidden) around other Impreza Club stands.

The day was very good, especially if you like the JDM random import stuff.

we should seriously think about getting our own stand next year, as the whole show seemed to have been over run with Impreza clubs........ Common as muck!

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
And a few seemed underwhelmed by the day :icon_sad: and looking at maybe going to Japfest 2 to see if its any better...........

Japfest 2: The Evolution - The worlds most extreme Japanese tuning show
I think the problem was too many Impreza stands, too close together, taking up the main area....

there were loads of other stands down by the Quarry, but i think people thought that these were just car parking areas. It was a good day though, one of the busiest Japfests ive been to, and some fantastic looking cars even if they were pushed out of the way!

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
The Supercar test Days that they used to run at Combe were always good fun. I remember 'discovering' the Panteras and the Lotus Carltons there when I was about 15!

Shame the Imprezas hogged the space. How many modified Imprezas can one man take in a day ??!! (answer: about 4, if you're me)

mike

·
Registered
1999 forester s/tb
89 Posts
I've been attending afew years now but decided not to go on saturday as its been getting abit same old for me.I saw AP's car last year on stand and my foz was on the stand behind.At one japfest event a pic of my foz was taken to be used in Total Impreza magazine on an article regarding alternatve subaru's other than an impreza.Frazer is right tho and i have experienced it my self on one occation where if you havent got an impreza you are hidden at the back of the stand like a dirty secret.

G

·
I mentioned this weeks ago, but nobody seemed interested, so i took my MX5 on to the MX5Nutz stand

there were a grand total of 4 Foresters! but they were scattered (and hidden) around other Impreza Club stands.

The day was very good, especially if you like the JDM random import stuff.

we should seriously think about getting our own stand next year, as the whole show seemed to have been over run with Impreza clubs........ Common as muck!
If you walked down to the quarry mine was the first car you would have come to, right next to the beer shed :biggrin:
It was covered in mud and parked away from the imprezas so it didn't get included in the chav fest theme of the day.
I also led a 15 car convoy from Fleet services to castle coombe, there was mine leading, a white forester behind me then around 10-15 imprezas behind that, it was good fun :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts