Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Japanparts beat Cobb to my door...

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  jeebus 
#1 ·
I ordered a downpipe from Cobb on Nov 9th. They said it was in-stock and shipping THAT day. They apparently lied and I watched the tracking come from Florida instead of Utah, and despite my hope for getting it before Thanksgiving, it STILL hasn't arrived as of today, November 24th.

On the flip-side...I ordered a FSTi grill from Japanparts.com a week AFTER I ordered from Cobb. I figured it might take a really long time, since it was coming from Japan and all. They didn't ship it immediately, but I did get an email from them on Wednesday saying it shipped and they provided a tracking number. I checked the tracking and it showed that it was in Tokyo on Wednesday.

Today I decided to check tracking again and it showed that it entered San Francisco yesterday. Awesome right? Even more awesome was getting a ring on the door today and having my grill handed to me.

So yeah, $25 to ship my downpipe from Cobb that I STILL don't have after more than 2 weeks and $26 to ship a grill from friggin Japan...that came promptly.

:crazy:

#3 ·
I don't get it either. I have had parts ship from japandparts.com and my iPod came from Shangai and it got to me in less time than something ship from Cali. I don't get it either. 2 weeks for a Cobb part is weird. What does the tracking info say?

What grill are you getting and for what year Forester? I'm debating on getting a new grill but not sure how it will look on my 06.

#4 ·
Is Cobb in Utah? I know when I ordered my exhaust for my Mini Cooper S, I got it from a place in Colorado, but the actual piece was made in Atlanta by Random Technology, so it shipped from them.

It could be that Cobb is relying on another company to produce their designs, and the shipping problem is with them, and not Cobb specifically.

#8 ·
If you want any Cobb products, don't bother going to Cobb directly. They have much higher priorities than to deal with the retail customer, so it can take months and months, while the dealers have it in stock...

...so find a good Cobb dealer and order from them.

P.S. With the problems that HotSubarus has responding to members and their concerns, I wouldn't bother ordering from them either.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.