Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm now to the point I want to rotate my tires at home since the guys at the tire store seem to strip out the lugs.

I've got a floor jack and 2 stands. I can see the jacking point for the OEM jack and I have tried using this along with a block of wood. I can get the car high enough but to find a decent place to put the stand. The recommended place to put the stand is so close to the jacking point that it ain't gonna work.

I tried using the read diff but it raises the tires fine but not the car high enough to get the jack stand into the sweet spot, and since I'm swapping tires F & R same side I can't see the logic in spending too much time in the rear diff method.

So, anybody run into this b4 and have a solution? thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
^^I use the Floorjack Points for the floorjack and the Primary Jackstand Points for the jackstands. I'll leave the floorjack under the car and when wheels are off they go there, too.

Stan

·
Registered
515 Posts
I know this may not be the "right" answer, but I may be dealing with a similar situation down the road. What if you use the stock jack to raise one end and the floor jack to raise the other? The car only has to be in the air long enough to swap the tires. Optionally, I suppose you could buy another floor jack.

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the pictorial for clarity. The floor jack points raise the rear tires or the front tires. For tire rotation I need to raise the side of the car. First the rear L and then jack stand, then the front L. The floor jack points won't work unless I jack the entire car in the air and use 4 jack stands.

Also jacking at the rear diff only pushes up on the suspension which will raise the tires but not the body high enough to get the jack stand under.

·
Registered
01 Forester 5MT
136 Posts
Also jacking at the rear diff only pushes up on the suspension which will raise the tires but not the body high enough to get the jack stand under.
Jacking at the diff will raise the whole car as it is bolted to the rear crossmember.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I just use the stock jack and do 1 corner at the time, I take the tire off, put the spare on and the move the tire to the new location, and go around the car until I make it back to the spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts