Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so its that time of year. i know im going to put the money im getting back into the foz.. but what to buy? i need some help deciding.

option #1: new 05+ sti lateral links, whiteline swaybars front and back, and kartboy endlinks.

option #2: save up a little bit extra and get some brembos (or legacy gt brakes)

option #3: source out a vf43 and put it on with my sti stop mount. and get a protune.

these are all things i want in the future.. i just cant decide what i want to do first. vote! :Banane35:

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
All of them (if you can get max refund, otherwise do Option 1)

plus

Option 4: give me $200:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahahaha if my tax return was big enough to do all three of them. i would gladly give you 200 bucks because id be rolling in it ahahah

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
If you gonna do option 1 with your tax money, you should call them

IRS lateral links, IRS swaybars front and back, and IRS endlinks

Anyway, good luck with your tax

I will stick with option 1.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
820 Posts
I'm picking up a Borla replica header (slightly used) for $100 today, and will be looking for a cheap (but solid) cat-back. I may also order the center console extension thingy, and wire that up with a better CB and extra power outlets inside of it. Oh, and I'll spend a few hundred getting a 60k service done at AZP; my Foz just hit 110k, but I got a new timing belt at 82k while other work was being done under the extended warranty, so I just had to pay for the belt. That should cover half of my refund, the rest is going into catching up with bills and the credit card.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
What? You guys get money back? I guess I shouldn't be maximizing my take home pay..

Also, don't we pay taxes this year on the credits we got last year?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
okay so its that time of year. i know im going to put the money im getting back into the foz.. but what to buy? i need some help deciding.

option #1: new 05+ sti lateral links, whiteline swaybars front and back, and kartboy endlinks.

option #2: save up a little bit extra and get some brembos (or legacy gt brakes)

option #3: source out a vf43 and put it on with my sti stop mount. and get a protune.

these are all things i want in the future.. i just cant decide what i want to do first. vote! :Banane35:
#1 or #3 are the best bet. #2, i think youd be happy w/ better rotors/pads/fluid. unless you want bling bling. :bling:

as far as #1 is concerned - id skip the lateral links and just find some lateral link support tabs like the whitelines.

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
I'm getting sway bars/endlinks or WRX steering wheel and MOMO knob, keyless entry put in (lame donkey L =/), and some saggy butt 1/2" spacers.
Show me the money IRS!!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Also, don't we pay taxes this year on the credits we got last year?
Not on federal. On the state side, it varies from one state to the next. Err, assuming we're both thinking of the same credits. :icon_biggrin:

I was looking at my quarterly payments for 2009 and noted that they were higher than 2008, and also noted that my income was down 40% from 2008 so it seemed like a big refund was coming our way, good for new tires and maybe suspension, along with some stuff for the home. Then I got the W-2 from my wife's first job last year and it seems she claimed 46,000 dependents, paying in hardly anything for 2009. :chair: Ah well, better than giving out that interest-free loan...

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
ACORN. :biggrin:

Seriously, just an exaggeration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts