Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mainly because it's done less than 20 miles since the last MOT and I dont think it did many more since the previous one.
2005 Foz 2.5 XT EN. Black with black leather. I bought it new - well pre-registered with 20 miles on the clock. All the usual stuff - heated leather, roof, nav, heated screen base, mirrors etc. Now 140000 miles. Every bill including original invoice, every MOT, 2 keys, V5. Outstanding condition throughout. At 100000 miles the head gasket blew. I had the engine completely stripped and inspected and there wasn't a darned thing wrong with it. It was reassembled with heads and block trued, new timing kit, new clutch and new main bearings. Over the years it's had a few mods -

Suspension - exe-tc coilovers all round, they've all been rebuilt over the last 4 years. Whiteline 28mm arbs front and rear with whiteline droplinks. Comes with the whiteline 22mm rear bar that I still have. Just about every bush has been replaced with poly including the caster bushes. STI cast aluminium rear radius arms. STI rear subframe and propshaft. Front and rear strut tower bars. Front lower H brace. Front subframe spacers removed. Front fender braces. Camber bolts. STI dogbone.

Engine - Blouch 18g turbo with 8cm housing, milltek turbo back exhaust, STI intercooler with process west splitter. Mapped by Paul Blamire at Zen. Hard engine and transmission mounts.

Brakes - STI red calipers all round, brake booster.

Wheels - 18" Innovit tarmacs with 225/40s.

What's it like to drive then? Well it's pretty hardcore. I used to think it was reasonably refined but I've been driving a citroen estate with hydraulic suspension for the last 2 years so anything seems hardcore in comparison. It could be that the Foz is the same but the roads are worse. Anyway it's not a car for taking your mother in law to the supermarket - she just won't like it. That said get it on a fun road and you'll never get to the bottom of it's abilities - it will just keep amazing you. It's more comfy with the 22mm arbs but I don't have the front one anymore. When I put the 28mm ones on I took it to a local - errr - closed circuit to find out when it would let go. In the end I gave up because I was going so fast if it had let go lord knows where I would have ended up. I should point out that I'm a serious biker so my fear threshold has been pushed back. Power-wise the last time it went on the dyno I think it did 360hp/380 foot pounds but it was mapped again after that and got some more. It's jolly fast.

So what are the bad points? The back bumper is a bit scratched by dogs jumping in. I always meant to get a bumper guard. There's a bit of finish rubbed off the steering wheel where I put my thumb. The rims are a bit scratched here and there. It just passed the MOT with no probs but all 4 tyres are on their last legal legs. That's about it really. The aircon was just gassed up, the alignment was just done after one of the shocks was removed for new seals, the screen was replaced. Comes with the original rims (you can get it drifting on those....) an STI brake servo that I've never fitted, Subaru fitted boot liner, spare cd changer.

I think it's worth £5000. Actually I think it's worth more but you have to realistic. PM me for more details. I'll take some pics if it stops raining...

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
Hmm. You’ve had it 14 years and probably spent two or three times what you are asking making it uniquely yours.

This is a good idea how? :shake:

Unless you are in desperate need if the cash - keep it. You know you want to.....

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is I mostly don't live in the UK so it sits in the garage doing nothing and that's a good way to make a car suffer. I think it would be happier being used. I didn't mean to anthropomorphize it quite so much.....

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,362 Posts
Tell you what, I'll come and drive it for you now and again while you're abroad so you can keep it >:)

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
Mr Gump,

Your inbox is full - drop me a pm when it's clear for me to send a msg.

Pete

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I'm starting to look for a replacement for the XT auto stodge box...It's just no fun. 5K is a bit much for me but the 360BHP should drag the caravan quite nicely. Any pics yet?

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. I found some but I'm having trouble posting them. I'm using a different browser here and I can't see a link anywhere to add pics to the message. Think I've gone senile....

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These ones are recent...I know the bougainvillea isn't relevant but I like it. OK I copied the wrong picture - whatever...

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I like it as well. I have memories of bushes in the 70's and 80's. All scraggley with bits sticking out here and there. Not my thing at all. Now we're in these modern times it warms my heart to see a particularly well trimmed example as yours.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to mention - comes with a free boost gauge. Never could quite figure out where to fit it so it's still in the box.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,382 Posts
Selling a car privately this time of year is difficult. It has not even been a month since you have offered it for sale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.