Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But couldn't resist.

After 3 weeks of owning it, I put on wrx struts and STi pink wagon springs and cleared my headlights. Hopefully tint soon. Sorry for the crappy pics, can't find my canon.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.0XT
50 Posts
haha, same here, I didn't even bother waiting 3 weeks, modz from day 1.
Awesome thread title.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
looks nice! and I'd still consider that mostly stock...
but we l know what happens next... to finish off the front end he will do a DIY grille. to help with the suspension he will get a bigger rsb. then he will realize that his tires are no match for his suspension and upgrade wheels and tires....

good luck on your journey

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
but we l know what happens next... to finish off the front end he will do a DIY grille. to help with the suspension he will get a bigger rsb. then he will realize that his tires are no match for his suspension and upgrade wheels and tires....

good luck on your journey
Like a dog chasing it's tail. And so it begins. Better start a journal:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Then a bigger turbo, then the better brakes.....then, then, then!

P.S. Looks good! Love the drop.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha.....yea the modbug is biting me HARD. I keep scampering the local classifieds on nasioc, and finding cheap wrx/sti parts.

Finally got some stuff in today. I got a STI rear sway from a local, and got my STi scoop from the nasioc group buy!

The headlights were really straight forward except for a few things here and there. I took out the headlights (directions in owners manual under changing bulbs), poped them in the oven at 250 for 6 minutes, the pulled them apart. There is a TRICKY part. Before putting them in the oven, the front lense is held on by one way screws, so you will have to make a groove so you can fit a flathead on there, or use a dremel tool to make a groove. One you get the lense off, you unscrew the front plastic piece, and just pry the orange reflector off the front lense. Its easier to understand once you get them out and looking at them. I just put silicone back where the lense and housing met, and voila, cleared headlights.

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
Man, I'm going to have to do that.

I'm assuming I should get the one way screw out before I bake it. Once baked though is it hard to pop it open or is it pretty easy? I don't wanna mess mine up, replacement headlamp assemblies are not cheap.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup they are real easy! They are held on by a couple clips, which you just pop right off. But like I said, it easy once those screws are off. Took me probably, at max, an hour to do all of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts