Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sports 2.5x
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It poured in Central Texas today and I got a chance to visit a customer in Rockdale who has their shop at end of dirt road that's five miles down another dirt road. After months of a severe drought I finally got to have fun. The rain was running down the road and washed ruts big enough to get a Ford P/U stuck. I went around the stuck truck and had to wash the mud off of the windows with a hose to drive back. No snow, but a great day to drive a Forester and live in Texas. :woohoo:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
We got almost 5" of rain and 50 mph winds today in my neck of the woods. Was happy to stay at home though, lots of trees downed and local flooding/road closures.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
My inlaws down in San Antonio have said things have been really bad in TX this year: never-ending heat and no rain. Glad to see it's finally turning around.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
It rained, poured, thunder stormed, flooded, etc. for a good whole month. The DAY I got my Foz back and running, it's been bone dry since. :icon_cry:

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
407 Posts
My question is when are they going to remove the watering restrictions. Its getting stupid at this point.

Although, with this much rain, what does it matter if there are watering restrictions?
But not being able to wash your car is idiotic. 99% of Texans dont wash their own car at home, and there are no restrictions on public car washes, so forcing the 1% of us that DO wash their car in their driveway, to drive a dirty car or risk paint damage from the public wash places, is retarded at best. Someone deserves their genitals removed for that stupidity, you know, prevent them from breeding more idiots.

·
Registered
2008 Sports 2.5x
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Water Restrictions

My question is when are they going to remove the watering restrictions. Its getting stupid at this point.

Although, with this much rain, what does it matter if there are watering restrictions?
But not being able to wash your car is idiotic. 99% of Texans dont wash their own car at home, and there are no restrictions on public car washes, so forcing the 1% of us that DO wash their car in their driveway, to drive a dirty car or risk paint damage from the public wash places, is retarded at best. Someone deserves their genitals removed for that stupidity, you know, prevent them from breeding more idiots.
I asked the same question and got this answer. "Lake Travis is still 50' below pool level. If we get another month or two of rain like this the restrictions will be lifted. At least in Round Rock, Williamson County."

I haven't been able to use my sailboat all Summer or this Fall so far. I have been washing my cars in the back yard so the run off ends up on the grass rather then in the driveway. And the St. Augustine is going away and being replaced by Buffalo grass in my yard. Green grass is not worth $250-300 mo. water bills.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport
407 Posts
Yeah I can see the watering restrictions. But the car washing restrictions are idiotic.

My back yard is 90% weeds and clover anyway. If I could get my car into the back yard, I would be washing it mid day when my neighbors wouldnt see it.

I am tempted to wash it in my closed garage :lol:

Doesnt really matter right now, the car is clean and doesnt drive.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
We got almost 5" of rain and 50 mph winds today in my neck of the woods. Was happy to stay at home though, lots of trees downed and local flooding/road closures.
I enjoyed the rain too. We needed it here in California. Apparently, it was the largest October storm in the Bay Area since 1962. The wind was pretty nuts in SF during the day.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
43 Posts
Rained in my area for the whole day, decided to go to my secret place and played with the subie in the rain and mud...ahh yeah, a bit of flooding was also good to clean up the mud afterwards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts