Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official the 2011 Forester STi is coming this summer to dealers near you! SubaruForester.org has been contacted by S.O.A and given us permission to spill the beans early with our members since we are the premier Forester site. They will make the public announcement later today in New York at noon along with the new 2011 Impreza WRX and STi. Boy are they going to be surprised at the New York Auto show.

This was a test mule.

PIA/Cobb Tuning Subaru Forester

VIDEO: PIA/Cobb Tuning give the full STI swap treatment to Subaru Forester — Autoblog

More info from S.O.A. here.

Click here for the Official SOA FSTi Announcement

Edit : For the few that did not get it, this was an April Fools Day joke.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
I just put down payment, security deposit, plus first and last month's rent, on two - one for me, one for the wifey!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,156 Posts
I hear that it will be available in Diesel!

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
^ That's strange....I heard it was bio-diesel only???

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports
343 Posts
Don't know where you got your sources, but you forgot the most important: it will also be available in MT from what I've read!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
I hear that it will be available in Diesel!
Ha ha. The foz STI doesn't come in diesel. Nice try. :biggrin:

I wonder if it'll come with a 6-cyl option tho. Calling dealer now. :raspberry:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Your specs are all wrong.... the STi is shipping with a 7 cylinder rotary flat hadron engine..

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,156 Posts
Ha ha. The foz STI doesn't come in diesel. Nice try. :biggrin:

I wonder if it'll come with a 6-cyl option tho. Calling dealer now. :raspberry:
In this thread it comes in Diesel!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Your specs are all wrong.... the STi is shipping with a 7 cylinder rotary flat hadron engine..
Yep, with titanium valves and carbon fiber rods. Local dealership had one in stock, I traded my car in for it this morning on the way to work. Man that rotary winds up! Valves are very ticky though, I'm switching to 0w80 synthetic ASAP.

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Mine is build in North Korea. Some will be built in Australia, yes.

Stan

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
^ Will the N.Korean model come with free lifetime Kimchi? If so, my wife may retract her bid for the vehicle (although I would love it!).

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
No, I wish.. The "new car smell" in this car IS kimchi though :woohoo:

Stan

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
You are wrong on the diesel, it will be WVO (waste vegitable oil) only. Got to be environmentally correct, but the catch is will require the $7000 aftermarket emission package being used on heavy trucks because no one is making it for small cars, and it will require that the Forester be lifted around 18 inches to fit under the car.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
You are wrong on the diesel, it will be WVO (waste vegitable oil) only. Got to be environmentally correct, but the catch is will require the $7000 aftermarket emission package being used on heavy trucks because no one is making it for small cars, and it will require that the Forester be lifted around 18 inches to fit under the car.
:confused::confused:

I heard that you can bypass the "emissions package" if you promised (cross your heart and hope to die) that you'd only fill the vehicle at Willie Nelson's Biodiesel stations......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.