Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this question but I'm trying to figure out if I have an issue with the rear windshield sprayer or it just sucks. When I 'squirt' the rear windshield instead of a mist of wiper fluid covering a large area of the windshield and wiping, I get two streams of fluid that just drip down the windshield and do a terrible job wetting and then wipping off dirt and grime. Additionally, one of the streams is perfectly aimed towards the rear camera and makes that a mess very quickly. I just want to know if this is how the sprayer is supposed to function or if there is something wrong with mine. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
Same as in my '14 just two thick streams of fluid squirt directly down the window. I have to time my squirts so some of the fluid gets on the passenger side of the wiper blade.

Really a pita to clean the rear window.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester Cvt
195 Posts
I have a 2014, the idea with the two streams is to wet the wiper blade before it moves,I think. The top of the glass never gets enough water and it streaks. I think a nice mist would be much better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
90 Posts
I have a 2014, the idea with the two streams is to wet the wiper blade before it moves,I think. The top of the glass never gets enough water and it streaks. I think a nice mist would be much better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I thought the same thing the first time I used mine. Didn't seem like what I would expect from Subaru.
But think about what's going on back there- crazy turbulence, I doubt a mist would ever touch the glass. I believe any rear washer I can recall used streams. Some use a hose attached to the wiper arm. Those suck. I'm going to give the engineers credit on this one for putting it up out of the way and making it "just work"
I know you have to flood the window to clean it well, but it's not cost prohibitive or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts