Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quote for low milage JDM SG9 Forester STI Struts, springs and top hats. Is this a reasonable price?

dog

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Sounds reasonable if it includes the springs & tophats, IIRC. Is that from www.jdmpartstx.com ?? I saw that they had some coming in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the JDMs are from JDMpartstx.com. John has been patiently answering all of my questions.

I can wait to get them mounted. My wife likes the aceleration of our new 06 XT, but is complaining about the handling (our last car was a 1999.5 Audi A4 Avant) I'm not going to tell her about the suspension, until she has driven it to see what she says.

dog

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
upgrade your rear swaybar too... that makes a big difference. It's the one mod that my wife actually approved of.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
If its a shipped price...

They had a set about two months back that they had offered for $775.00 to me shipped. I was looking for a lower ride height and opted to not go that route. I think its clearly a supply and demand deal with the SG9 FSTI suspensions, and considering it is nice barely used oe equipment its probably a decent deal.

my .02

JR

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to get a Cobb rear sway bar and end links and put them in at the same time as the Struts. The next change is going to be 225/55/16 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires. That will probably it for me, maybe a cobb front sway bar in the future. This is my wife's everday car.

Dog

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Make sure you do something about the mounting on the lateral links tab. That tab has been known to snap off. Search around and you will see what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts