Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sort of looked like the truck wasn't really that stuck after they started to go. I was expecting the Impreza to swing a little bit around before actually pulling it out but that's just me. :)

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I was thinking the truck most likely only needed a nudge to get it going. I remember years ago when I was in VT skiing, I had my dads Brat. A guy in a CJ5 Jeep was stuck in a snow bank and I stopped and pulled him out. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've always wondered how RTD's do in Colorado when it snows. There are some hills that are basically hell for buses when it snows, I would think. I've never noticed any buses or looked for them when it snows in some states.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
Sort of looked like the truck wasn't really that stuck after they started to go. I was expecting the Impreza to swing a little bit around before actually pulling it out but that's just me. :)
It doesn't look like the truck is stuck to me either. The only thing I can think has happened here, is the trucks single drive axle is on the metal train tracks and is not getting traction.

The Impreza does side slip a little, as the wheels start spinning. Looks like all four wheels brake loose, instead of just the back end. You can see the clear patch the wheels make on the pavement, as the car goes diagonal.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It doesn't look like the truck is stuck to me either. The only thing I can think has happened here, is the trucks single drive axle is on the metal train tracks and is not getting traction.

The Impreza does side slip a little, as the wheels start spinning. Looks like all four wheels brake loose, instead of just the back end. You can see the clear patch the wheels make on the pavement, as the car goes diagonal.
Yeah, I saw it slipping. I just sort of expected that there would be more slipping around trying to struggle and pull through from the Impreza. :) Nonetheless, go Subaru! :icon_biggrin:

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A good friend of mine drove Semi-trucks. We lived in Central PA and he usually took one day trips in all sorts of weather. He said you'd be surprised when loaded down how well the truck did in the snow. With chains they are very good. At least that's what he told me and we got lots of snow in that area with big hills.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A good friend of mine drove Semi-trucks. We lived in Central PA and he usually took one day trips in all sorts of weather. He said you'd be surprised when loaded down how well the truck did in the snow. With chains they are very good. At least that's what he told me and we got lots of snow in that area with big hills.
Definitely with chains. All that weight has to benefit the traction even though it does add to momentum when stopping. :)

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
^ +1.

Even with winter tires, it's still hard to pace the big municipal plows, what with all their salt-weight. :wink:

Although my thought's with the others', that more than likely, the tractor-trailer just needed "the right nudge," it's till a very nifty video, and makes me feel proud to own a Subaru. :smile:

I've gotta go get tow straps.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts