Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Forester Automatic 4 speed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to the forum. I have not owned a car in 5 years; I've been using public transportation. I'm moving to Minnesota from Iowa for a job and a car will come in handy. I'm 6'6" all legs and 235 lbs. Was considering a pick-up--think Chevy Silverado--but realized I don't haul stuff and desire better gas mileage. The only reason I was considering a pick-up was for the leg room and convenience of having a truck bed for travel. I will be working for the railroad and might have to relocate a couple of times. Just seems easier to throw my stuff in the bed and go. I can do this with a Forester and get better mileage.

I found a 2009 Forester with 67,700 miles for $15,000. It has the following specs.:

2.5X Premium
2.5L H4 SOHC 16V engine
AWD

What do you think? Is the Forester good at resisting corrosion due to salt on the roads? Any comments, advice, and general input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am originally from Marshalltown, IA and went to ISU in Ames. Ames is a great town with wonderful people!

I am not sure how well they hold up to rust, really depends on how well it was taken care of before. I can say the Forester will do a great job in the snow and ice you will get in Iowa.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :bacon:
A 2009 Forester will easily resist corrosion better than the majority of North American built pickup trucks. I also have a friend who is 6'9" and somehow fits comfortably in his 2010 Impreza hatch which will have the same amount of space in the passenger compartment as a 2009-13 Forester.

I cannot specifically comment on the price, but it seems reasonable compared to the Canadian market prices.
The 2.5X premium will have a decent amount of creature comforts as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts