Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2016 Forester, we all have to enter the date during clock setting, but is there someplace on one of the display screens to display the date ... maybe even the day?

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,777 Posts
On a 2016 Forester, we all have to enter the date during clock setting, but is there someplace on one of the display screens to display the date ... maybe even the day?
You can switch out the analog clock screen to instead show a calendar. Nothing is lost as the outside temp and time still show at the top.

The calendar screen also marks any special dates that have been entered.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oy, just found it, thanks. But of course then, you get to look at an entire monthly calendar on the screen .... I was hoping for just a date on the clock screen instead of the duplicated digital time reading next to the "analog" clock display . . .sort like that on my $25 Timex watch. Oh well, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that but with my glasses, the center of the steering wheel works best - but I still have to look down through the bi-focal. I'm thinking of using one of cheap digital projection clocks and having the day and date projected onto a lowered sun visor - where I already have already clipped a small calendar - the $.50 option.

Might be a cool voice activated option in some future model . . . "Yo, car, what's today's date? . . . and for that matter, why am I in here? Any idea where I'm going?" That sort of thing. If my phone can do it, why not my car?

·
Registered
2016 Forester
1 Posts
I have the exact same request - show day & date as well as time on the multi screen. I don't see how to change to show the calendar, which I would be interested in, but not sure I want to look at a month calendar when driving 80mph.

Can this be a request to update the Eyesight to show day/date as well as time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts