Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 2.5L NA

Doing complete front seal and belt replacements. Last thing to pull off is oil pump but wanted to know if their is a seal other than the small oring on the block mating surface. My son in law at Napa does not show one nor due the engine diagrams I have seen. One video here looked like he was just using permatex.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
O-ring to the block, the rest is just permatex ultra gray/fuji bond RTV.

While you have the pump off remove, clean then reinstall then with some blue loc-tite and torque the screws for the rotor cover on the back side, they are notorious for loosening up.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L
54 Posts
2003 2.5L NA

Doing complete front seal and belt replacements. Last thing to pull off is oil pump but wanted to know if their is a seal other than the small oring on the block mating surface. My son in law at Napa does not show one nor due the engine diagrams I have seen. One video here looked like he was just using permatex.

Thanks
what is the link to the video? & permatex, what is that & how is it used exactly? I have my 2000 apart for head gasket replacement & will replace oil pump and more, any hints are appreciated

here's my current thread:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/cooling-leak-update-70145/index2.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts