Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 WRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm just after some info on upgrading my 440cc side feed injectors on my V6 Wrx motor. I was after a direct replacement.

Does any of the foresters come out with 550cc side feed injectors to suit my wrx motor?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
04/05 comes with 500/550 side feeds, but your car may or may not run properly if you swap them in.

Now tell us about your V6 wrx motor :confused:

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
There is a lot of debate on what size the sidefeeds actually are in the 04-05 fxt's. They are at least 500's and depending on fuel pressure can surely run over 550cc. Now seriously tell us about this "v6 wrx motor".:huh:

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
There is a lot of debate on what size the sidefeeds actually are in the 04-05 fxt's. They are at least 500's and depending on fuel pressure can surely run over 550cc.
The side-feed injectors in the '04 F-XT (yellow cap) are 100% identical to the yellow cap side-feeds in the '04 STi. They are the same part number.

The scaling in the factory mapping is ~503cc, and testing seems to confirm that figure at factory fuel pressures. Increasing pressure is possible, of course.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
Hey,

I'm just after some info on upgrading my 440cc side feed injectors on my V6 Wrx motor. I was after a direct replacement.

Does any of the foresters come out with 550cc side feed injectors to suit my wrx motor?

Thanks
Version6 side-feed injectors are a different style from the side-feed injectors in the USDM F-XT and STi. Sorry to burst your bubble. :(

·
Registered
2000 WRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guy's,

Yeah i meant Version 6 WRX MY00 (Aus Spec)

Reason being i wanted a direct replacement for my stock 440cc injectors since i have recently installed a Apexi Power FC ECU and want more power out of my ported VF35 Turbo and wanted a bit more head room with the larger injectors. I've just heard that maybe the later model foresters come out with larger sideifeed injectors which i could drop into my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts