Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to convert the forester's 5x100 to 5x114 or 5x120 lug pattern? what would be needed?

Just curious cuz I found some really nice wheels and they are not made for 5x100, but have the right offset.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Yes i't possible.You can get adapter that converts them but a nice one is too much money.Just get wheels with your bolt pattern

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,548 Posts
The problem with making the switch is that it will affect your needed offset. If you use an adapter (easily found on ebay for ~$150-$200 for four) then the adapter is also a spacer. The smallest (narrowest) adapter is 1" thick, so in essence you're running a 1" spacer. You'll need to alter the offset of the wheels to overcome this large spacing.

I honestly don't see that big an issue with it. There's the question of wheel bearing failure, but who knows if it's a big enough to really effect the wheel bearings. It's a big debate here. I would think that running an adapter/spacer that thick with a wheel with an offset of 35-40 might work just fine.

Again, this is my opinion and I'm not a Subaru engineer.

Then, there's the better way to do it, but it's big bucks. It would entail swapping over hubs, and hybridizing the rear axles, or even better, upgrading to an R180 rear diff. This is probably a $300-$1000 fix, depending on whether you upgrade diff's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts