Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to swap my 2018 Forester 2.5L Premium's rear steering knuckles and wheel hub assemblies with those of the 2018 BRZ STI's (https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2...106_6028616/REAR-AXLE-HOUSING/Z10-281-01.html) so that I would then be able to install the BRZ's red Brembos (see images below) while still keeping my original 5x100 bolt pattern (which I would very much like to do if possible).

My parking brake would go from being 170mm in diameter to 190mm, but I don't think that is going to cause any problems, but please correct me if I am wrong here.

I would like to use DBA rotors for my rear axle, but I am not sure which rear DBA rotor corresponds to the 2018 BRZ STI's rear rotor, which is Subaru Part Number: 26700CA000. According to DBA USA's PDF catalog it is rotor 42663S-10, which has a 290mm diameter, though I am not sure if this is right because I was expecting the diameter of the 2018 BRZ STI's rear rotor to be around 316mm.

When swapping my 2018 Forester's rear steering knuckles and wheel hub assemblies with those of the 2018 BRZ STI's do I also need to change anything else aside from the entire parking brake system, such as the rear axle's drive shaft, differential or master cylinder?

Thank you for reading my thread!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts