Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Trolling here for a few months now. I decided to check a few things tonight since I now have 4500k miles on my wifes 2010 forester N/A Prem PZEZ forester. I checked the fluid levels tonight just out of curiousity and every time I checked the ATF fluid it was high..above the high temp mark of dip stick (took about 10-15 samples) it was actually about the bend of the dipstick. Seems a little high for 80 F(ambient temp) with about 3 hours cooling since driving. The oil measured fine, the diff fluid good, but the tranny level seemed high. I though the bend in the tube maybe I was measuring high but I'm certain it's not user error. Is this possible for it to be delivered with 7 miles total from purchase? Also, the coolant seemed a bit dark? Is that the sealant additive? I was reading about HG trouble so thought I'd chech that.

thanks in advanced,

Ben

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
IF you check w/o the engine running the fluid runs out of the torque converter back into the tranny. Centrifugal force fills the torque converter with fluid.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was level in my garage but I don't believe it was started. I guess that would make sense though. I'll give it a try tonight..thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,162 Posts
It needs to be up to operating temp. You need to go through the gears slowly while the engine is running. And then wipe off the stick and check it..engine running in Park

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It needs to be up to operating temp. You need to go through the gears slowly while the engine is running. And then wipe off the stick and check it..engine running in Park

Good to know, will try that tonight. thanks a bunch everyone!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Time to RTFM. Now available in Forester glove boxes every where ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts