Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me or do others find the seats of their older (2002 in my case) Foresters to be a bit much...as in, I don't exactly need that much support/cushioning under my arse, in particular. Is there a way to deflate that balloon they're pressing up and into me a bit ...or maybe I need to be more patient and give things some time to adjust? I've had many Subarus over the last twenty years and I've never had one this 'inflated'. It feels like I'm sitting on a balloon. -Chris

I have tried all the obvious available adjustments...the two hand wheels and the back rest angle. Along with some squirming and wriggling to try to get 'settled in' a bit more comfy like.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
I like the older seats because they were more bucket like vs the newer ones. Whereas many think the older seats were too narrow for them.

·
Registered
00/4 Forester S, X Auto, Auto
318 Posts
I think the seats in my 00 are way more comfortable than the ones in the wife's 04. We drove hers to Michigan a few years ago and when we got there my legs were killing me! Haven't driven that far in the 00 but to Nashville & Deal's Gap no issues!

·
Registered
2002 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time

Maybe, I just gotta give them some time...I am new to this Subaru and totally unfamiliar with having such lower support. Seems like I'm kinda in a short group that doesn't like the support at this point in time.

-Chris

·
Registered
2005 Forester X 5MT MT
66 Posts
Is

I have tried all the obvious available adjustments...the two hand wheels and the back rest angle. Along with some squirming and wriggling to try to get 'settled in' a bit more comfy like.
Does your car have an adjustable lumbar support? Check for a lever on the right side of the seat back...

·
Registered
2002 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lumbar support.

It does have the lumbar support lever...I have it adjusted to minimize that option as much as possible...what is bothering me is down lower...down where my tailbone is I'd say. I don't settle in to the seat...no matter what adjustment I make, I feel like I'm sitting on top of it...Like I'm perched up on a 'bubble'.

-Chris

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
It does have the lumbar support lever...I have it adjusted to minimize that option as much as possible...what is bothering me is down lower...down where my tailbone is I'd say. I don't settle in to the seat...no matter what adjustment I make, I feel like I'm sitting on top of it...Like I'm perched up on a 'bubble'.

-Chris
Don't do that. Try running the support out. I have L4 and L5 problems and considerable lumbar extension works well for me. It seems to ease pressure on the tailbone for me.

·
Registered
2002 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
As it...

Try running the support out? As in using it to some degree? Instead of having the lever moved to remove as much of the lumbar as it can, maybe try using some of it as it will reduce some of the pressure down lower I am feeling?

Thinking maybe if I can get into the seat, maybe I can manually reduce the bubble effect I am feeling? Let some air out of as it were?

In the meantime, I will try adding some lumbar support and give that a chance...appreciate and tips and feedback, I do.
-Chris

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Try running the support out? As in using it to some degree? Instead of having the lever moved to remove as much of the lumbar as it can, maybe try using some of it as it will reduce some of the pressure down lower I am feeling?

Thinking maybe if I can get into the seat, maybe I can manually reduce the bubble effect I am feeling? Let some air out of as it were?

In the meantime, I will try adding some lumbar support and give that a chance...appreciate and tips and feedback, I do.
-Chris
Yes, add in lumbar support instead of completely removing it. The purpose of lumbar support is to support the lower back. The lower vertebrae of the back are called the lumbar vertebrae.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts