Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
I dont' think that the actual Rally is any less exciting, I think it's a factor of living in nascar-loving north america that makes it tougher to follow mainstream.

When you watch WRC and see all the hillsides covered with fans and flags and hundreds of people out watching the race. In NA you get the die hards and the volunteers.. oh and the 13yo Kenblock groupies..:biggrin:

also due to north americas please sign this waiver to release us from any papercut risks while signing the 100 page waiver that we need so that you won't sue the pants off the organizer, sanctioning groups, volunteers, drivers, co-drivers, and their families mentality..

the 5 min 'news' coverage at the end of the nightly news (if your are extremely lucky and catch it) doesn't help either..

if you want to become a rally fanatic, just find your local group and volunteer/enter an event. It takes work and time but it is sooo fun!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
62 Posts
Well - in a sense you´re right. It was spectacular and (maybe) more fun to watch. Now it is just so much faster, while looking completely composed.... for the most part :-D

I startet rallying a few years before the Group B cars came out, and have driven a few very fast cars. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to drive one of the current WRC cars, but they are so fast they would put any of your spectacular over steering mad men rides, to deep shame.

I still love the sound of a BDA/BDG @ 8000 rpm, at full oposite lock. Yeeeha!

Martin

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
I happened across the fiesta class rally coverage for 5 min on tsn the other night..
:: Ford Fiesta Sporting Trophy :: ?

It was very cool to see these little fwd cars, and awesome drivers,
easy to forget that rally cars don't have to be huge winged AWD anti-lagged monsters..

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 xt forester
71 Posts
Four wheel drifts around corners aren't the quickest way, so unfortunately some elements of fun are removed for speed.

Awesome vids too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts