Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 04FXT for a few reasons but use for work was what made it justifiable and heres proof. Theres a job loaded and ready for install with room to spare!!

It doesnt hurt to have a tuned/turboed "work" vehicle either! :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I beg to differ, I can still get 22mpg or better and still haul equiptment ,if I dont play alot, so almost no need for a 10mpg truck with 4wd. You on the other hand, running a "heavily modded" XT puts you in a different bracket. Yours is a race car not a work car.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
I beg to differ, I can still get 22mpg or better and still haul equiptment ,if I dont play alot, so almost no need for a 10mpg truck with 4wd. You on the other hand, running a "heavily modded" XT puts you in a different bracket. Yours is a race car not a work car.
true on all accounts but still not AS practical as an x or a xs model

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
I don't know... mine doesn't routinely see 22 mpg in the city either... usually get about 20/29 in mine. Averages about 24 mpg per tank.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i don't see how that is possible. 26.5 mpg. my mom didn't even get that good gas mileage on my stock xt the week she had to borrow it

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
I kinda cheated, it was all highway. I have a nice stage 2+ street tune on it as well.

I usually refill when I hit the 1/4 mark. ~275 miles.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 5 speed
122 Posts
I get 23city mpg in my FXT and my father-in-law gets 24city mpg in his X

Its all in how you drive I dont care what anybody says

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
43 Posts
I am in the range of 20-23. Depends on my driving conditions (highway/back roads), and how "spirited" I take it.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I have an Odyssey for practicality!
My XT is for FUN!

Glad you're stoked though!

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,934 Posts
xt no...
forester yes

the fuel economy is the one thing that holds the xt back from being a practical work vehicle
The gas mileage of an FXT is still stellar compared to something like a Jeep Liberty, which has similar capacity and utility but which will get more like 15-18 mpg. If the FXT does what you need, then it's practical.

I have a full size 2002 Ford E150 van, and that is REALLY practical for some work type stuff but will only get 15-18 mpg (although it will hold almost 4x what a Forester will inside). In comparison to that, the Foz is way fun to drive.

George

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I usually dont have to haul huge items but I am frequently required to do work at cell tower sites. Many times this requires AWD since theyre on top of a mountain, the road is a goat path which NEVER sees a plow truck in the winter which for me equals VERY practical.....and quite fun also. I have the best of both worlds!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I seem to be averaging around 23.5 mpg in my OBXT. About 6mpg better than my old SF would do.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
I seem to be averaging around 23.5 mpg in my OBXT. About 6mpg better than my old SF would do.
Really? We're still consistently getting at least 24 mpg with our '98 S. But then again... yours wasn't exactly stock. :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts