Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's not really about a Fozzy, but it still made me laugh. I took this picture a couple weeks back. Not the best picture since I was shaking like a leaf, but still turned out cool anyways for a snap shot.

To show you how close he was... the young couple on the other side of him in this pic is actually my wife and my buddy. His (pregnant) wife and I were trapped on this side.

Here are a couple more from the same place. I go here about twice a month.

Just to show how many lizards are out here on any given day. I usually stop counting between 100-200...

And no, obviously, there are no fences or thing to keep you from getting eaten.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Wow, that's nuts... great shots!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Seriously great shots. Curious to know what camera and lenses you used. Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Prem. 5 spd
83 Posts
That's a lot of gators. My thinking is given the density - time to sustainably harvest. Cool pictures.

Cape Ann

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts

And no, obviously, there are no fences or thing to keep you from getting eaten.
Yeah, F**K that. I would be hauling donkey back to my car while everyone else can throw their cameras at it once it realizes it's hungry. :biggrin:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First, thanks for the complements! These are by no means the best shots I have gotten out there, they just made me laugh. HAHA

Seriously great shots. Curious to know what camera and lenses you used. Thanks!
Canon EOS 30D and Canon EX 70-200mm f/4L IS.

Yeah, F**K that. I would be hauling donkey back to my car while everyone else can throw their cameras at it once it realizes it's hungry. :biggrin:
Nah... Remember, I was standing by a pregnant lady. You don't have to be faster than the Gator. Just faster than the slowest person with you. And she waddles. HAHAHA

Where in alligator alley did you snag those shots?
I'd love to get that close to them without it being at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm :frown:
Not in Alligator Alley. Not even close. These were all taken at Payens Prairie in Gainesville, FL. Not too far from St. Augustine though (2 hrs). :Banane35:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts