Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know there is another thread on this but it seemed to die without an answer...

My 2017 XT Touring (nav-eye-HK) Decided after a few weeks to stop playing music from the Ipod Nano.

It played for a week and a half no problem //

It still recognizes the ipod and playlists and artists and all other functions (forward skip, selection, etc) but it will not play tracks. It just sits at 0:00.

Ipod is up to date for the software but it is the older version with the large connector rather than lightening connector (which still just plugs in via USB)

Phone / bluetooth audio is fine. all other functions seem fine.

I stopped into the dealer and they made an appointment for me in a few days after poking around in settings and checking software version.

I'll post the solution if any, but wondering if anyone else has had the issue that also found a solution??

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW, I've had a similar problem with my iPod Touch. In every case, the problem was with the iPod. Usually the podcast player had crashed but sometimes the iPod was set to another application (like the settings). Might not apply to your iPod Nano, but something different to check.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I can report that the iPods on both the Touring XT and Touring (17;s) are having issues with freezing and needing to be disconnected from the USB and getting reset.

I asked at the dealership, and they didn't give me a satisfactory answer. Time to call SoA and ask.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The older style 30-pin connectors on the iPods used to have issues from time to time. Could be corrosion, and in my case one hard to detect bent pin... You'd really need a magnifying glass and flash light to see it - if you knew what you were looking for in the first place. It would otherwise seem fine to charge and connect to the computer/iTunes, but nada when trying to play on an iPod speaker dock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a 160 gb classic and it freezes on occasion. I unplug and reset the ipod and all is good. I went as far as to replace the chord (30 pin) but it still freezes on occasion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts