Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola, I'm picking up a 2010 Forester Premium package on Wednesday ( :banana: ), and I didn't want to spend close to 200 bucks for an ipod hookup from the dealer, so I went to radioshack and spent 7 bucks on a double-male-ended auxillary cable (not too concerned with navigating the ipod interface through the stereo or steering wheel controls).

Anyways, I figure I hook up the ipod using an auxillary input cable, and I've done this before, but eventually the battery dies.

Now I'm under impression if a get a car charger for the ipod (to remedy this problem), I'm unable to use the ipod until I disconnect it from the charger (much like how you can't play with the ipod when it's connected you your computer; you must use itunes). Am I wrong in this assumption? And if I'm not, are there any ipod car chargers out there that will charge the thing while allowing simultaneous use of it? If these exist, any recommendations on a cheap/simple one? I appreciate the help!!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I'm not sure where you heard that from, but NO iPod charger will keep you from using it while it's charging. The only time you are restricted with being able to use an iPod is when it's plugged into an iPod interface with a car stereo via the dock-connector. Other than that, any iPod charger will work fine.

EDIT: And welcome to the forum, being that is your first post. Have any pics of it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!! Appreciate the help, dunno why I thought that, lol. I guess I'll run down and buy a car charger in the next couple of days.

And sadly I don't have pictures yet. I test drove a red 5 speed version, but I wanted a white one (red cars and speeding tickets, yada yada yada) so they got it in a few days ago, and I'm having a few parts put on. It's ready to pick up on Wednesday, and I'll be sure to post some pictures after some test driving haha. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts