Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT - 20G 5MT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research it appears you can plug the 13pin cable in the back of the 04 FXT cd changer and play your music from an mp3 player. This cable seems to solve the solution to making your own?

Amazon.com: Kenwood CA-C2AX - Audio cable - 6.6 ft: Electronics
or
KENWOOD 3.5MM iPOD MP3 AUX CA-C2AX CA-C1AUX KCA-IP500 on eBay.ca (item 270534725087 end time 22-Mar-10 08:43:43 EDT)

Compared to doing this:

http://www.scoobymods.com/aux-input-ipod-solution-t3357.html?t=3357

I just want to verify before buying one. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't see why it wouldn't work? I made my own Scooby Mods cable a while back, but the cable is a bit to thick and the 3.5mm plug keeps falling apart. I know i can redo it but I rather have the cable already made like the ones in the link. I might just take the plunge and try the $10 one on eBay...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered one so whenever Canadian customs let's it go I'll let you know mu results. According to kenwood that cable is discontinued so it's only avail on eBay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:

So I received the cable. I hooked it all up and tried it... Only a very faint music being played in the left channel. I decided to open up the cable connection only to find it being a signal wire. (two wires and a ground). The other issue with this cable is that if your trying to reuse the 13pin connection. they decided to use hot glue to fill in the connector housing. This way is very time consuming and not worth the effort. Best to not take the ebay shortcut, just build your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts