Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since the season is coming to a close, we decided to invite a couple of our new friends, Highway and Patrol for dinner.

Here's a picture of them together before they knew what was going on:

Patrol is the one in the lower screen:

This was after I received a ticket for crossing double solid yellow line. Mind you, I got away with a whole lot more that he could have written paper on, so I count my blessings.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
so how were they?

I've never eaten (crab?) before in my life

Bwahhaaaha!! :)

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finishing up with dinner.

They were succulent and sweet!!

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northwest Tan said:
Bummer. If this was during one the "scouting" runs, thanks for taking one for the team.

...sometimes you gotta pay to play...
This was taken while taking the pooch for a walk on Bodega Head. We had this carload of homies playin' stupid in the road (braking randomly, swerving, etc.), and I went to pass them (with ease).

Finish coming around the bend, and there's Officer xxxxx standing in the middle of the road, simply waving his hand to pull me over.

He was really cool about it though. Unfortunately for the ricers, he wasn't so cool about their dorifto competition (impromptu) which they held on a public road closer to Bodega Head. When we saw him next, he had two Nissan 240 SX's pulled over in a gas station, he had their hoods lifted, he had the drug dogs sniffing, and he had several of his friends at the convention.

What he DIDN'T write me up for:

60 in a 35
numerous goodies under the hood, and down the exhaust

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Yeah, it looks like the popo is stepping up patrols big time in Bodega Bay since the road rage shooting a few weeks ago. This might blow over by May, but I think it's our hint to steer the drive away from there and the associated portions of Hwy 1.

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
sirwilliam said:
So what exactly were you transporting under the hood?
Umm... non-CARB exempt short ram intake, catless downpipe, hi-flow cat in the midpipe, for starters... the CHP frowns on that kind of stuff. Not to mention the slightly illegal lighting setup and missing front plate...

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Umm... non-CARB exempt short ram intake, catless downpipe, hi-flow cat in the midpipe, for starters... the CHP frowns on that kind of stuff. Not to mention the slightly illegal lighting setup and missing front plate...
Yeah, I was just kidding...looks like my emoticons are not showing up...well at least the new ones. So other than VA is california the only other state to require the front and back license plate?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
pleiad7 said:
trip to the referee = no fun

CHP standing in the road? Are they setting up speed traps?

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
He was just finishing up with another "customer"...

We didn't see him because he was at the end of a long sweeper turn, hidden behind some tall pampas grass.

The real creepy thing was that he looked awfully familiar. A few weeks ago we talked to a fellow XT owner at a restaurant in Sebastopol (about mods & stuff), and there was another guy there who was kinda half involved in the conversation. By the time we were getting ready to leave, Roo noticed that the second guy was wearing a CHP t-shirt. Me thinks it might have been the same dude that pulled us over...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, fresh crab...

$3.50/lb. and they're still swimming around, clawing, fighting, and otherwise creating havoc.

Wait until salmon season appears...oh, wait...I think we might have some available at the BBQ after the meet. Fresh WILD King salmon. YUM, YUM!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
What do crabs and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

They both irritate Bush!!

Bwahahahahahahah ROFL!

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Very kind of the officer to let you off the hook, and quite cool on your part to invite them to dinner.

I do runs all the time in La Honda and the CHPs & Sheriffs have zero tolerance for folks going over double yellow (especially motorbikes).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts