Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Invidia Q300 (Ti quads) drone

('09-'13) 
8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Sean_XTLux 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi
I've just removed my Invidia Q300 with quad Ti-tips cat-back due to excessive drone; and I'm talking, headache-inducing drone at highway speeds (110 kph/~70mph).

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a daily easy fix? Other than going back to stock haha

I'm told that there is quite bad drone between 1,500 ad 1,800 RPM with an STi CBE with quad-tips too, so that's not really an option...

Also, what have other people got that is 'quiet' within the cabin (I have a young son I cart around) but provides no drone.

Thanks
Sean..

P.S. I'd like some rumble, but don't want to go back to stock lol

#4 ·
My Nameless axleback can be pretty obnoxious at times, but doesn't bother me enough to want to go back to stock :puke:. If I was looking for a little more mellow sound, I would look to the SPT exhaust system as it seems to provide a better tone over stock while not over doing it. Good luck with your search.

#6 ·
All aftermarket and even the oem sti has drone its just the nature of the beast. That being said out of all the exhausts i have heard the spt and the megan racing oe rs are the 2 most civil. I personaly have the megan racing and find it to be perfect for my needs. They are both resonated and are 2.5'' vs the 3'' invidia so that probably helps while still flowing plenty for power.

#8 ·
Cheers guys!

I think I found that thread you're talking about Rescuer and I like the SPT.
Thoughts at the moment are to get some local (Aus-spec) aftermarket mufflers; Ultrex quad tips (I've 'trimmed' my rear bumper to fit the Invidia already) and fit those with the STi mid-pipe I have and see how it goes...

Either that or I'm thinking the Megans; nate, I found that thread where you had a pic, but it's no longer there, would you be able to repost please? I'd like to try getting just an axle/diff back system from Megan Racing if the locally sourced ones don't work out.

Thanks again all!

#13 ·
#10 ·
I went with the STI dual tipped CBE due to the cheap price and it was local. There is a slight drone around 1200 RPM but is not bad on the daily driver and is not as noticeable after driving it for a couple of weeks.

For $700+ I think the Megan sounds the best but the SPT looks better.

#14 ·
Th Q300 titanium will be louder than the regular Q300, I have the regular Q300 and find no drone issues. I do have a light undercoating which might keep it quieter, which is why I mentioned sound deadening the hatch.

Personally I actually find the Q300 too quiet for my tastes, but I am used to independent dual Rush chambered mufflers on a V8.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.