Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I installed my catback, I have run 3 full tanks through my XT and to my surprise, my gas mileage has gone up from 17-17.5 mpg up to 19-20 mpg!!
I'm still on a stock tune with a few other little mods, but this really impressed me!! This tells me the XT intermediate/STi axleback I was running was very restrictive.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
Are you *sure* it is not at least partially because the louder exhaust makes the car seem faster - and therfore you driver slightly easier? I am not doubting your data, I just have a hard time believing that a CB would have much effect, especially at lower RPMs. Horsepower I would expect it to help, at 6,000 RPM. But cruising at 3,000? I just can't see it.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I beleive it. If the engine is breathing easier, you can see improved performance of power and mileage.

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, if anything i've been harder on it since putting the CB on. i love the wide open boxer sound. it's definitely improved. if it was one tank, i'd be suspect, but i'm now on my 4th tank and it's staying the same.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
^^ Great so over time this will pay for itself in the saved gas money!!

Well a person could wish.. right..

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: So, the gas mileage has stayed the same, but this exhaust has made my car slower. It's just too big (3 inch) for the stock turbo I guess.
I had an "acceleration contest" in a safe spot with a stock Silverado SS and I could barely stay in front of him. These trucks do mid to high sixes 0-60 and low 15's to high 14's in the 1/4. So it's safe to assume it's the exhaust slowing me down, since the last time I played with one it was a massacre.
Soooo, I hit up Mach V and ordered a TXS Stealthback.
The Invidia setup will be for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Have you thought about getting a reflash, optimize your tune to take full advantage of the exhaust?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts