Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im a new member, from australia, ive been looking at the forum for a while, full of great info and great people, and now ive joined ,i have a 2001 auto forester, i drive off road some times and ive been interested in the centre diff lock mod, ive read the posts by defcon5 , mountainbiker, kevin, great info and im a machinest - engine builder by trade so im able to do the mod, i would just like to hear from anyone who has had the mod for a fair amount of time i would like to know of reliablity and any problems people may have had before i tackle it, the posts ive read are 10 years old now so it should be well tested.
Thanks in advance subiemick.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,870 Posts
@Subiemick welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Subiemick

No problem for me with the centre diff lock electronic mod. I've heard that others who have left it activated for too long have damaged the solenoid. It should only be used in anticipation of, or to get you out of trouble then switched off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts