Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5 SG XT 5 Spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Chris. I drive a red base model 2001 cavalier coupe with a 2.2 OHV 5 Speed. I live in New Bern, NC and I work at MCAS Cherry Point as a turbojet engine mechanic/inspector for the EA-6B prowlers.

I recently have been contemplating on getting a Forester (SF or SG). Preferably a 2004 Java Black 5 Speed 2.5 XT. I'm still searching for it though.

I participate in local autocross events with my cavalier in ST class. I plan to setup the Forester competitively for autocross as well. I know that I will have to relearn how to drive considering that I will be moving up to an AWD system vs a FWD. Anyone here autocross with their Forester? What has been done to the suspension? What tires are you using?

I joined this forum to gain knowledge on the platform--about its strenghts and weaknesses. I definately know that I will be getting one, that is for sure. Once I get a better understanding , I hope I can contribute to the site.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the group. There's more then a few on here that autocross , shouldn't take long for them to post up.

·
Registered
2004 2.5 SG XT 5 Spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have only seen 3 Foresters locally. They're not that common around here. I might have to look towards the West coast, thats where most of the listed ads are from.

adc, some cavaliers are dependable. They are so common, so there are some that are just worthless. I've had mine since 2004. I've had no mechanical problems and I'm at 122,000 miles with the car. I've gone across country with it twice from Havelock, NC to Long Beach, CA. It did leave me stranded on the side of the road once due to a clogged fuel filter. That was my fault for not changing it and letting the fuel level get super low.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have only seen 3 Foresters locally. They're not that common around here. I might have to look towards the West coast, thats where most of the listed ads are from.
They might not be common in your immediate area, but Subarus are all over the place in the Southeast USA. They are quite common in mountain and foothill parts of North Carolina, basically west of Winston-Salem/Greensboro (including the Asheville and Boone areas). It might take a little looking, but there are plenty of Foresters that meet your description in the Southeast USA.

·
Registered
05 WRX STI
208 Posts
They might not be common in your immediate area, but Subarus are all over the place in the Southeast USA. They are quite common in mountain and foothill parts of North Carolina, basically west of Winston-Salem/Greensboro (including the Asheville and Boone areas). It might take a little looking, but there are plenty of Foresters that meet your description in the Southeast USA.
I for one see at least a dozen in the Asheville area . Only two or three others are white like mine. One belongs to a guy that worked at the Suby dealership for a while and his is lowered and autocrossed!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Welcome along!

There are quite a number of autocross Foresters here. Have a peek over at the Motorsports area and look around for autocross, rallycross, drag, track, and other racing. There is at least one class champion Forester that I can think of so you'll find some good expertise on here.

·
Registered
2004 2.5 SG XT 5 Spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome. Loving the A-10 cannon, Dan. The closest Forester I have found is in Moresville. Thanks for the tips. I'm still keeping an eye out for my next toy.

·
Registered
2004 2.5 SG XT 5 Spd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome. Forester owners are from everywhere! This Forum is packed full of info. I have yet to read it all. I like how organized the topics are. Props to the moderators and site manager.

Im my search for MY Forester, I called the local Subaru dealership to keep an eye out for me. I hope they have other networks that they can look through to find what I want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts