Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forum. Here's what compelled me to join:

I love my 2009 Forester. It's my second Forester, I had a first model year 1998 Forester. I loved my '98, and the 2009 model is a huge improvement. I'd just like to change one thing: I want more floor-to-ceiling height in the back so I can transport two average-size adult bicycles standing up, in the cabin, front wheels removed. I've been scouring the competitors' websites looking at specs for a similar vehicle that has the additional cabin height I seek. The thing is, I really love my Forester. I believe it is best-in-class.

So my question: Does anyone know of a business that might do a custom interior modification for me? I would need the interior floor lowered behind the rear seats, as well as the rear seats either removed (not desirable) or replaced/modified to lower their profile when they are folded down. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
I don't know of a company to do interior mods but I believe that JDM (Japan parts division) makes a accessory for the FOZ (MY09) that is exactly what you are looking for. You may have to adjust your seat height but I think it is a 2 bike set-up with the front wheel removed. JDM parts are expensive to get here in the states but it may be cheaper than an interior mod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts