Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a preview of the interior mods I have planned for the FSXT. I picked these up locally for a deal and plan to transplant them into the FSXT.

A little dusty from storage but in otherwise mint condition. :biggrin:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Nice upgrade! You will probably have to frankenstien the seats to get them to work properly, but it isn't too tough.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
How tall is your wife? If she is under 5'6", Id recommend using the Forester base for the passenger seat. Then you don't need to use mess with the detection system, and the seat will sit up much higher than it will with the WRX base.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,109 Posts
Yea, the airbag sensor is going to be a challenge. Im waiting on Bobby to do all of the leg work before I begin to tear into them.
What!? :confused: I was going to see how you do yours! :lol:

I got the foam pad, seat heater & skin back on the passenger seat base today. I'm just heading back in to peal the skin off the original seat back to remove the seat heater. Then to peal the skin off STi back to install the seat heater. If all goes well, the passenger seat will get installed back into the Forester tomorrow & I'll know if my MODding worked. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
How tall is your wife? If she is under 5'6", Id recommend using the Forester base for the passenger seat. Then you don't need to use mess with the detection system, and the seat will sit up much higher than it will with the WRX base.
Yeah, but you lose one of the benefits of the WRX seats which is the side bolsters.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Yea, the airbag sensor is going to be a challenge. Im waiting on Bobby to do all of the leg work before I begin to tear into them.
Trust me. If I can do it, you can definitely do it. it's not that hard at all. I swapped the airbags, occupancy sensor and whatever else into my seats and I couldn't be happier.

·
The Sub kit guy
13,008 Posts
Yeah, but you lose one of the benefits of the WRX seats which is the side bolsters.
When we did it to Smooths seats you really didn't notice the lose of the support bar. The seat foam has bars in it too, so it keeps it's shape really well and still felt very supoportive.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Yeah, the passenger seat bottom is not as bolstered without the metal bars in it, but it's still better than the FXT seat, and it makes it easier for your passenger to get in and out without whacking their thighs on the metal-reinforced area. In other words, the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is high if you reuse the FXT base. :raspberry:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
looks great, i would rather have these than sti seats(unless it were the 08+) anyday. match the interior much better.
is this the first interior mod???

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
looks great, i would rather have these than sti seats(unless it were the 08+) anyday. match the interior much better.
is this the first interior mod???
heh +1. the blue is a bit too much for us non-WRBs.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
these will be better than any sti seat(except jdms) bolster wise. im pretty big and my sti seats still dont hug as tight as id like.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Yeah, the passenger seat bottom is not as bolstered without the metal bars in it, but it's still better than the FXT seat, and it makes it easier for your passenger to get in and out without whacking their thighs on the metal-reinforced area. In other words, the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is high if you reuse the FXT base. :raspberry:
Nah, my wife likes the side bolsters. Yeah, getting in and out is harder, but with the leather, we don't slide as much. I guess with a cloth seat that's not as much oh an issue.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,109 Posts
Here's the height difference between the Forester seat, actually the mounting rails & the STi seat. As you can see, the difference is in the mounting rail height. Personally, I prefer the higher Forester mounts. If you use the STi mounts, the passenger will sit nearly 2 inches lower & there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat. :wink:

I'm with the others on the seat color. With your color Forester, the black STi seats will look great. :cool:

Bobby...
The left seat (passenger) STi seat is on Forester mounts. The right seat (driver) hasn't been changed yet.

My MODding Journal

1 - 20 of 60 Posts