Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever insalled extra cabin lighting to the front of their SF?I hate the way nothing in the front lights up at night when the door is open.

I was thinking something in the floor/under dash area would look good?

Derek.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Been thinking about this myself. Should be easy enough to tap into the main roof light wiring.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,083 Posts
There's lots of discussion of this in the outside world (i.e. this site outside of the Europe Forum). This post shows how I did it, and there's lots more info in the rest of that 8-page thread.

·
Registered
2009 JDM XT Forester Auto
682 Posts
Oh crikey someone moved D man post and i hope he will find it tomorrow :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the concerns lad but i found my post!!

And thanks for the repllies, plenty to think about!

Derek

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports
41 Posts
i posted about a month ago that i was gonna do another write up on how to do this. its really not that hard. i bought a 6 led strip from superbrightleds they work well. in the write up that i will eventually do will include how to make it so that your map lights illuminate when the doors open. the writeup links posted above are good to use.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,882 Posts
in the write up that i will eventually do will include how to make it so that your map lights illuminate when the doors open.
Isn't that what bbottomley and ferret have already done??? map lights come on with dome light which is activated by opening door ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts