Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what folks here use for fabric protection (especially for the winter months)? I'm thinking of getting a couple of cans of 3M Scotchgard. What are you using?

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
The seats in the Aussie Forries already have fabric protection on them.

I also have seat covers so ....

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Thumbs up for 3M Scotchguard.
I use it on the carpet.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use scotch guard, so far so good.

be sure to keep well ventilated when applying it and leave the windows open a bit for the first few days, weather permitting - that stuff has some *nasty* chemicals in it.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
apanthropy said:
I use scotch guard, so far so good.

be sure to keep well ventilated when applying it and leave the windows open a bit for the first few days, weather permitting - that stuff has some *nasty* chemicals in it.
And it will absorb through your skin.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Cool article. Look at most people's non-stick pans...lots of missing non-stick material...how much of that stuff is eaten in little chips? :eek:

I'll stick with my stainless steel and cast iron.

What about seat covers that have cutouts for the airbags? You can wash those too.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
730 Posts
303 makes a fabric protectant as well.

Bill

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,954 Posts
wgb113 said:
303 makes a fabric protectant as well.

Bill
They also make cleaners. Has anybody used them?

Strangely, their Web site lists a 32 oz bottle of "Fabric cleaner" for $14.95, while the same sized bottle of "Cleaner and spot remover" is only $7.95. The descriptions of both sound similar, except for the spot removing feature of the latter. Does anybody understand the difference, and the difference in price?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
730 Posts
I've used their all-in-one cleaner (you have to dilute it like Simple Green according to what you're cleaning) as well as their protectant and have been happy with both.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts