Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've found a aftermarket part number ADS72503?

Any recommendations from reputable UK online retailers? The interior glass of the car was very misted today. I think its time for a new one.....

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,576 Posts

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,158 Posts
Seriously, I thought the "cabin air filter" was slang for winding the flippin' windows down. Hard Forester core my ***......

Get a face mask it's cheaper. In fact if you're got private medical insurance a new lung is cheaper.....

:mob:

Bunch of southern whoosies....
oh hang on....

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, very easy to fit. Almost intuitive? I only glanced at the instructions on Pura website- found them confusing.

Observations? The bolt on the side- its screwdrive insert is almost chewing-gum soft!

Now- instead of just hearing the roaring warm air.....I can now FEEEL IT!

The insert itself was black with soot and very heavy with bits and pieces. Euck.

Thank you guys.

A

·
0 Posts
I just ordered one but now realise that they won't fit a MY00 SF will they? :crazy:

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm. My windscreen was wet/damp again on the inside this morning. What do I need to do- any ideas?!!!

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
dry out whatever's wet and stop it from getting wet again...

seriously tho. Soggy carpet, dodgy sunroof drains or door seals, blocked a/c drain. check'em all.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will check under the bonnet around the bottom area of the windscreen/vents for leaves etc and down the sides for drain holes. blocked a/c drain- where is this located?

The inside of the windscreen is the worse-affected so Im guessing its the plastic-vent area where the problem is..

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
Wow, very easy to fit. Almost intuitive? I only glanced at the instructions on Pura website- found them confusing.

Observations? The bolt on the side- its screwdrive insert is almost chewing-gum soft!

Now- instead of just hearing the roaring warm air.....I can now FEEEL IT!

The insert itself was black with soot and very heavy with bits and pieces. Euck.

Thank you guys.
Hora, can you post the link to the website with fitting instructions please?
Cheers :)

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Ta/beaten to it. Didnt see that one! On step two just above the words 'filter cover' is a black box (ecu?) that has a single screw on it- you need to undo that first to get to the door/slide in/out the filter.

It really is easy though. Strangely alot easier than (faffing) changing the engine air filter.

Word of warning though- only attempt to do this on a dry day/not raining.

A

·
0 Posts
Just to let you all know I got an email from *** car parts telling me they now do a pollen filter to fit the SF for £12.50 but it's not on their website yet, he sent me that one and refunded the difference :woohoo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts